Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MY BRIDGE PIERCING STILL SWOLLEN AFTER 6 months

Default MY BRIDGE PIERCING STILL SWOLLEN AFTER 6 months

Ive had my bridge pierced for six months and itís still swollen after 6 months. Ive been doing my sea salt soaks twice a day and still the swelling remains. What is the issue? Is it that I might need a longer bar to help it heal better? Im annoyed because i love this piercing! I need help!!

Without seeing it it's hard to know what the issue is. We also need to know what the jewellery is made from. Maybe stop the soaks and see what happens?
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Hi Nicki1995,
    Have you had any follow up with your piercer?
    Rgdz
    Rich

Piercings:
    Left Ear: 0g (8mm) & 2g (6mm) tunnels in lobe
    Right Ear: 6g (4mm) tunnel in helix cartilage
    Left Nipple: 4g (5mm) BCR horizontal
    Right Nipple: 8g (3.2mm) Barbell vertical
    Navel: 8g (3.2mm) Curved Barbell
    PA: 2g (6mm) BCR
    Lorum: 8g (3.2mm) Curved Barbell
    Hafada: 2x 8g (3.2mm) Circular Barbell & BCR

Tattoos:
    Left Arm: Tiki Island and Marine Life Sleeve
    Right Arm: Cosmic Space Sleeve
    Right Lower Leg: Aztec inspired 'Quetzalcoatl' Feathered Serpent

I went back to piercer to change bar at the fourth/fifth month period. All he said was it was too early to change it. Should i go back?

Surgical steel i believe.

Here is a pic

Can't see pic yet. Think you may have to make a few more posts. Not easy to assess without seeing it.

Surgical steel is not best choice for initial piercings. Even with the higher quality end there can still be enough nickel in it to cause irritation if you have developed sensitivity to it.

Your piercer should be happy to check it over and advise. The jewellery should be changed out to implant grade titanium with a highly polished finish and preferably internally threaded imo.
    Rgdz
    Rich

Piercings:
    Left Ear: 0g (8mm) & 2g (6mm) tunnels in lobe
    Right Ear: 6g (4mm) tunnel in helix cartilage
    Left Nipple: 4g (5mm) BCR horizontal
    Right Nipple: 8g (3.2mm) Barbell vertical
    Navel: 8g (3.2mm) Curved Barbell
    PA: 2g (6mm) BCR
    Lorum: 8g (3.2mm) Curved Barbell
    Hafada: 2x 8g (3.2mm) Circular Barbell & BCR

Tattoos:
    Left Arm: Tiki Island and Marine Life Sleeve
    Right Arm: Cosmic Space Sleeve
    Right Lower Leg: Aztec inspired 'Quetzalcoatl' Feathered Serpent

Can't see the pic here or in the message you sent me. You can upload a photo at imgur.com and post the link here missing the www.https:// part off.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Last edited by Boo; 03-22-2019 at 10:03 PM.

That looks pretty irritated to me. I'd go see an excellent piercer and ask them to fit you with high-quality, implant grade, mirror-finish jewellery. If you're in the US or UK you can search for an APP or UKAPP registered piercer in your area.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast