Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VCH and Septum in DFW area

Default VCH and Septum in DFW area

Let me say first the plan would be on April 22, my birthday, To go to DFW to a GREAT peircer as this would make me very nervous to say the least! As well as giving my body time to heal the erm... excessive holes Ive somehow acquired XD

First, can anyone recommend a FEMALE peircer in the area? I saw a few APP certified, but would like a personal recommendation... at least for the VCH as that can evidently go VERY wrong.

The septum I would have to wear flipped up from the get go, and be able to flip it some as I heal (work reasons). I have been told this is not an issue, anyone else have experiences?

The VCH may honestly not happen, I am quite concerned about it. I am... Overweight and wonder if that would put undue pressure on the piercing. Also am wondering how... sanitary a period and a new piercing would be? Ive also heard this one is a fast healer.

ANY comments appreciated, I am quite hoping chatting about these plans will make me less likely to go get my lobes done too soon! Ive been told its time to stop for a month or so!
    Right Ear : Triple helix (2/28/19) First lobe (1993) Second lobe (6/8/19)
    Left Ear : First lobe (1993) and Second lobe (6/8/19)
    Face : Septum (3/25/19) and standard tongue (6/8/19)
    Body : Horizontal nipples (3/16/19)

Planned : Left triple helix, VCH, Possible paw print, Possible venom

I've moved this to the Genital/18+ section as you're discussing a VCH

I healed my septum flipped up with a retainer, it was no issue. Some also have a circular barbell that can be flipped up or widened so it can be flipped up. However, I always say when healing you want to have it one way or the other, not be flipping it up/down during that period of healing.

I am very overweight and healed my 10g VCH with no issues. A period won't bother it when somewhat healed, it's a sterile fluid leaving your body but if you come on your period very soon after having it done you may want to either use internal products (tampon, cup etc) or just be on top with showering/cleaning.

I can't help with a piercer but you can always ask one of the female APP piercers for an appointment to have a chat and if possible see any portfolio of their work.

The main thing to look out for with a VCH piercing is that the piercer has done plenty of them before, they use the correct jewellery (a curved barbell) that is at the very least 14g, implant grade, high quality and internally threaded and that they absolutely never EVER use clamps for the procedure. Only a needle receiving tube or freehand should be done for this piercing.

It is a fast healer, the VCH goes through a very thin piece of membrane, in an area that produces its own healing properties.

The APP website also has a guide on how to choose a piercer which may assist you in choosing one if you decide not to go with an APP registered piercer (or even if you do!). Any good piercer would be happy to let you ask al the relevant questions and/or look around their studio to gain insight into their processes and procedures.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

OOPS. Sorry about that

The biggest issue there is DFW is a BIG drive for me, 2 hours. I know it dosent sound like much but a trip that far is a HUGE stretch for me! I wouldent want to make it but once if I can at all, and evidently the peircers in tyler are passable at best. I do NOT want passable on anything that erm... delicate

Don't be sorry, it's an easy error to make

I understand, for some a 2-hour drive is nothing but we're not all the same. Maybe you could tie it in with an overnight stay somehow? Go with a friend?

I totally get wanting the right person to do it. I researched for several months before finding my piercer, been going there ever since (10 years). I'm very fortunate though that I can reach them on public transport and walking in around an hour or about 30mins in a car. My VCH was the first piercing I got there
    Last edited by Boo; 03-20-2019 at 01:17 AM.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Overnight is probably not possible, will have to talk to my boss at work. Unfortunately all my close friends are out of state.

Good news is a good peircer SHOULD dang well be willing to talk on the phone first and schedule an appointment? I was hoping for a personal recommendation but all you guys seem to be in the UK! Thats a little far to travel!

Yup any good piercer should take some time out to communicate with you.

Yeah, as this forum is linked to a UK based shop we are mainly UK based here.

I know Painful Pleasures used to have a forum and there's also BME/IAM. There are probably a lot of piercing groups etc on Facebook or other social media. I tend not to bother with them though as they're usually chock full of drama llamas.

I can't help with your question but I notice you are healing a triple helix and nipples.
    I'd recommend waiting a while for your VCH and septum.
    Got: double snakebites|central lip|labret|1.6mm and 5mm tongue|philtrum|angel bites|smiley|septum|3 pairs nostrils|3 pairs eyebrows|bridge|15 & 16 (l&r) lobe/cartilage, rook, 2x tragus, 3x forward helix, conch (both ears symmetrical)|3x navel (74 holes in total)Want: Everything, slowly building up my piercings over time.Next up: venoms; maybe something genital

Personally I agree that you need to heal even if you think you're healed. Cartilage is particularly slow healing 6-12months but can take a couple of years in some cases. There's plenty of time so give it a couple of months and carry on planning in the meantime
    Rgdz
    Rich

Piercings:
    Left Ear: 0g (8mm) & 2g (6mm) tunnels in lobe
    Right Ear: 10g (2.4mm) BCR in helix cartilage
    Left Nipple: 6g (4mm) Chunk BCR horizontal
    Right Nipple: 10g (2.4mm) barbell vertical
    Navel: 10g (2.4mm) BCR
    PA: 2g (6mm) BCR
    Lorum: 8g (3.2mm) BCR
    Hafada: 2x 8g (3.2mm) BCR

Tattoos:
    Left Arm: Tiki Island and Marine Life Sleeve
    Right Arm: Cosmic Space Sleeve
    Right Lower Leg: Aztec inspired 'Quetzalcoatl' Feathered Serpent

Sorry the slow reply, my computer has decided to die!

My brithday is a month from now. While I have found somone who can do a septum, have not found a peircer that will do a vch! So that may very well be a bust anyways.

Edit : Also will go back to my peircerafter payday as I am a bit worried my nippme bars may be too short, ill measure them and order some titanium and have him swap em.
    Last edited by Dragooness; 03-23-2019 at 04:58 PM.

As above, I'd give it a few months at least to get anything else done. Also, let your piercer measure what's needed for your nipples so it's the right length, they will be able to fit you with the right length or order in what's needed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast