Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fresh daith

Default Fresh daith

Finally plicked up the courage to have my daith done at the place ive always been to. A lady in there was picking some jewellery for her child and heard me asking for the piercing. Once i was pierced i was just leaving and she said be careful as she had hers done a while back and it fell out that night. Now ive never had a problem with any of my jewelry they are a reputable place with fab reviews but this made me think because all the pictures ive seen on there site of daith piercing are done with a hoop and i had mine done with curved bar and so did this lady. So im just panicked abit now that it might fall out. I love the new piercing so will be gutted if it does. I obviously don't want to touch it to check its tender and dont want to cause infections. What are rhe chances itll fall out? The way she was tugging says she did it pretty damn tight lol. Also do you think i should clean it tonight or leave it until tomorrow. Ive bought some prontolind spray as when i used salt water before it really dried my skin and made it sore and irritated. Ive heard good reviews too any other advice you have for a daith would be much appreciated

Congrats on your new piercing!
    If your piercer has used quality jewellery suitable for your anatomy then it reduces the risk of the balls becoming unscrewed if it is internally or externally threaded. Threadless jewellery can also be used if available.
    Don't worry about it though.
    Clean it as you were told by your piercer. They should have given you a printed out sheet with details really. If you suffer with salt sensitivity then the Prontolind may help. What did your piercer say about it's use?
    Personally, as it's a fresh piercing, it may be worth giving it a small spray with the Prontolind before bed but don't go touching it with fingers or drowning it with the spray. Try not to sleep on it and see how it feels in the morning.

Well done for plucking up the courage to have it done and happy healing
    Rgdz
    Rich

Piercings:
    Left Ear: 0g (8mm) & 2g (6mm) tunnels in lobe
    Right Ear: 10g (2.4mm) BCR in helix cartilage
    Left Nipple: 6g (4mm) Chunk BCR horizontal
    Right Nipple: 10g (2.4mm) barbell vertical
    Navel: 10g (2.4mm) BCR
    PA: 2g (6mm) BCR
    Lorum: 8g (3.2mm) BCR
    Hafada: 2x 8g (3.2mm) BCR

Tattoos:
    Left Arm: Tiki Island and Marine Life Sleeve
    Right Arm: Cosmic Space Sleeve
    Right Lower Leg: Aztec inspired 'Quetzalcoatl' Feathered Serpent

I had a curved bar in mine for a while and never had any issues and that was put in by myself. I reckon it'll be ok.

Careful with sprays near your ear, don't get any in/down your ear canal.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Thanks for your replies. Tikiman i told her about the salt spray and she said to put in less salt or use a saline spray but cabt recommend the prontolind as they dont use that ineso she can only recommend what shes been told to really. I sorayed it last night and abit this morning but ive not used a q tip or anything yet as i dont want to irritate it. I cabt see any crusting or anything and it feels ok today slightly throbbing but not painful at all. I managed not to lie in it in the night and didnt have any pain throughout the night either

Just keep an eye on it but should be fine. Like Boo said....try not to allow the spray to run into your ear hole. May be to lie down on your back so any residue runs away from the ear hole is an idea and give it a couple of minutes naturally dry.
    Rgdz
    Rich

Piercings:

Tattoos:
    Left Arm: Tiki Island and Marine Life Sleeve
    Right Arm: Cosmic Space Sleeve
    Right Lower Leg: Aztec inspired 'Quetzalcoatl' Feathered Serpent

Good idea ill try that thanks

Congratulations with your new piercing. Prontolind spray is the only thing I use for new piercings. It is one of the only things I actually get on with. Glad I am not the only one who worries about Jewellery falling out! lol... Daith curved bar wise mum and I have had these and they never came undone. In the end I just happened to find a new and better piercer (by that time my Daith's had healed) that said that my Daith's were so thin that every curved bar would look too long. I said I have the fear about the balls becoming loose and the balls rolling in to my ear etc... In the end my piercer put CBR's in to my Diath's. (You have to get some sort of tool to open/close these).

I have got quite a few piercings and only one has ever came loose and come off. I was warned at the time when my Paw Print Piercing was quite new and the piercer was going on holiday and didn't want to fully turn them to tight in case something went wrong and I would never be able to get them off. I managed to get the gem back on again after a lot of cursing and a heart attack! When my piercer came back she did them all up tighter for me.
    Last edited by Mazzy; 03-15-2019 at 10:05 AM.
    Left side - Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, Helix, Rook, Lower Conch and Double Tragus (sadly the bottom one has migrated).

Right side -Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, "Paw" print piercing on the flat of my ear, Tragus, Nostril, Helix and Eyebrow. "Shen Men" piercing, Triple Forward Helix.

Retired - Right Eyebrow's x2.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Mazzy so far all feels ok i keep forgetting that its there. Ive nkt touched it or used a q tip. I just spray on the prontolind twice a day so in hoping its enough cleaning as im not using the q tips. Ive never had the curved ones before with the 2 balls. It does say on my sheet to check the balls now and then to make sure theyre not loose but i dont know which ball to check. Do they both come lose? Im not attempting it at the minute as i dont want to irritate it. Im thinking of a flat next but it sounds too painful lol

Both balls will be removable but I'd leave it for now.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Loobyloo30 View Post
    Mazzy so far all feels ok i keep forgetting that its there. Ive nkt touched it or used a q tip. I just spray on the prontolind twice a day so in hoping its enough cleaning as im not using the q tips.
    Sounds like you're doing just fine. if you're in the shower then you may find letting water rinse over it is both pleasant and good for removing crusties if they form. Just give a quick spray with your Prontolind after. Personally I don't use q tips/cotton buds as they can leave fibres around the piercing site. I prefer to use strips of paper towel or a medical gauze to gently remove lymph but everybody finds their own way to do things.

Ive never had the curved ones before with the 2 balls. It does say on my sheet to check the balls now and then to make sure theyre not loose but i dont know which ball to check. Do they both come lose? Im not attempting it at the minute as i dont want to irritate it.
    You will need to check both balls. Imo you are correct not to attempt this too soon but it is worth checking. Don't over twist though as it is just a check to see if they are loose. Always thoroughly wash hands before touching.

Im thinking of a flat next but it sounds too painful lol
    A flat sounds cool. I think you'll find it no worse or even less painful than the daith
    Rgdz
    Rich

Piercings:

Tattoos: