Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tragus pierced with a long curved barbell

Quote Originally Posted by Luprisi View Post
    I definitely agree with you. He asked me where I got it pierced and he said that explains it. I think since that was out first encounter he might have hesitated a bit since it’s not his work. To me it looks good but I’m no expert at all. I wonder if I’ll be able to fit a straight labret if I let it heal as he asked me to do. Or could I cause more problems if I change it now. Sorry for the ramble but this has occupied my mind since he told me last week!
    Is there another good piercer in your area who would change it?
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Boo View Post
    Is there another good piercer in your area who would change it?
    I have called a couple of places and some say to wait 6 months and other place said 3 months. I’m having a hard time finding someone willing to change it. I might have to stick to the other guy, he’s seeing me in about a month for a follow up on my conch, by then my tragus would be about a month and a half old so I’m hoping he’ll do it then. I guess my concern is the long term effects of not changing it sooner.
    Last edited by Luprisi; 03-04-2019 at 10:35 PM.

Having thought a little more... If the piercing seems healthy and remains so then maybe the advice of the APP piercer to LITHA for a couple of months is best. The other choice, as Boo said earlier, is to remove it and let it heal with a repierce later if it's possible.
    6-8wks will soon fly by. On a positive note....I think you've got the start of a nice piercing project on your ears.
    Rgdz
    Rich

Piercings:
    Left Ear: 0g (8mm) & 2g (6mm) tunnels in lobe
    Right Ear: 8g (3.2mm) Circular Barbell in helix cartilage
    Left Nipple: 6g (4mm) Chunk BCR horizontal
    Right Nipple: 10g (2.4mm) Barbell vertical
    Navel: 10g (2.4mm) BCR
    PA: 2g (6mm) BCR
    Lorum: 8g (3.2mm) BCR
    Hafada: 2x 8g (3.2mm) BCR

Tattoos:
    Left Arm: Tiki Island and Marine Life Sleeve
    Right Arm: Cosmic Space Sleeve
    Right Lower Leg: Aztec inspired 'Quetzalcoatl' Feathered Serpent

Quote Originally Posted by TikiMan View Post
    Having thought a little more... If the piercing seems healthy and remains so then maybe the advice of the APP piercer to LITHA for a couple of months is best. The other choice, as Boo said earlier, is to remove it and let it heal with a repierce later if it's possible.
    6-8wks will soon fly by. On a positive note....I think you've got the start of a nice piercing project on your ears.
    Yeah, it’s annoying to have that long bar there but he will change it for me soon. I’m scheduled to see him for a follow up on the conch he pierced. Thank you for your kind words. My plan is to get a rook on that ear as well but I’m not sure how I would look if I have symmetrical ears. I’m a bit OCD with symmetry (I’m an orthodontist). I would definitely get my R conch though I’m just not sure about the rook. That one was painful!

Sorry, if I sound totally stupid as I don't know - can you really have a curved bar in it for starter jewellery? I have never seen that before. Have you had anymore help? I have had problems with my double tragus and that has been changed quite a few times already as it swelled and I have left the longer bars in it. (I can often catch them but they are Bioflex.) One of mine at the back is at a slight angle. But, it doesn't really bother me too much as I don't think I would like it re-done again.
    Last edited by Mazzy; 03-06-2019 at 11:04 AM.
    Left side - Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, Helix, Rook, Lower Conch.

Right side -Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, "Paw" print piercing on the flat of my ear, Tragus, Nostril, Helix and Eyebrow. "Shen Men" piercing, Triple Forward Helix.

Retired - Right Eyebrow's x2. Left Double Tragus - sadly! :(

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazzy View Post
    Sorry, if I sound totally stupid as I don't know - can you really have a curved bar in it for starter jewellery? I have never seen that before. Have you had anymore help? I have had problems with my double tragus and that has been changed quite a few times already as it swelled and I have left the longer bars in it. (I can often catch them but they are Bioflex.) One of mine at the back is at a slight angle. But, it doesn't really bother me too much as I don't think I would like it re-done again.
    To be quite honest that was my first piercing besides my first lobes and in a way, I trusted the guy because it was a tattoo place and had good reviews so when he pierced I didn’t think twice about it because I never had any experience with piercing before. That changed went I to the other place and I was told about it. I started doing some research about it (my fault I know). At this point I feel stupid walking with such a long bar in my ear!
    Last edited by Luprisi; 03-06-2019 at 04:07 PM.

Mazzy: A curved bar really isn't a good idea and it's going to cause potential problems if it starts to heal curved and then a straight bar is put in :(
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Boo View Post
    Mazzy: A curved bar really isn't a good idea and it's going to cause potential problems if it starts to heal curved and then a straight bar is put in :(
    Thank you for letting me know Boo. Thought I was right but, I am still learning.

Right side -Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, "Paw" print piercing on the flat of my ear, Tragus, Nostril, Helix and Eyebrow. "Shen Men" piercing, Triple Forward Helix.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Quote Originally Posted by Luprisi View Post
    To be quite honest that was my first piercing besides my first lobes and in a way, I trusted the guy because it was a tattoo place and had good reviews so when he pierced I didn’t think twice about it because I never had any experience with piercing before. That changed went I to the other place and I was told about it. I started doing some research about it (my fault I know). At this point I feel stupid walking with such a long bar in my ear!
    Oh, no no Luprisi! It was not your fault at all! How are you to know? You trusted your piercer! How are you getting on now? I have got some ideas! - Could you go back to who put the curved bar in the first place and say that you would like it changed to a straight bar? As you are not happy with it. - I usually say to my piercer as I can luckily joke with her that it is that long I could get Sky Sports on it. I would not think about going to the other piercer you went to either as they are not helping you much. The piercer I have now who I can joke with has saved many of my piercings that I didn't originally have done by her.

Review wise - There is a place here where I had my Daith's pierced that went very wrong that has excellent reviews etc... You can hear quite a few complaints about the place but you wouldn't have known with such excellent reviews. I have learnt not to go back there ever again. It took us years to find a decent caring piercer.

Find another piercer that can be bothered.

Finally, a drastic one if all else fails! (to a completely different piercer) - The Hospital has rang you for your urgent C.T Sinus scan tomorrow and they have told you on the phone that you are not allowed these types of piercing material in but, bio flex plastic ones are allowed. (You will end up with plastic bar/post. I have got quite a few of these). I found out that you shouldn't really have piercings in for a C.T scan now-a-days. Your G.P will say it is fine but, X-ray will tell you different. I had this problem in January and by chance most of mine were bio-flex so, I didn't have to take them out. I would suggest a bar instead of a post myself as they are easier to clean. Hope you are ok now.
    Last edited by Mazzy; 03-10-2019 at 11:16 AM.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazzy View Post
    Oh, no no Luprisi! It was not your fault at all! How are you to know? You trusted your piercer! How are you getting on now? I have got some ideas! - Could you go back to who put the curved bar in the first place and say that you would like it changed to a straight bar? As you are not happy with it. - I usually say to my piercer as I can luckily joke with her that it is that long I could get Sky Sports on it. I would not think about going to the other piercer you went to either as they are not helping you much. The piercer I have now who I can joke with has saved many of my piercings that I didn't originally have done by her.

Review wise - There is a place here where I had my Daith's pierced that went very wrong that has excellent reviews etc... You can hear quite a few complaints about the place but you wouldn't have known with such excellent reviews. I have learnt not to go back there ever again. It took us years to find a decent caring piercer.

Find another piercer that can be bothered.

Finally, a drastic one if all else fails! (to a completely different piercer) - The Hospital has rang you for your urgent C.T Sinus scan tomorrow and they have told you on the phone that you are not allowed these types of piercing material in but, bio flex plastic ones are allowed. (You will end up with plastic bar/post. I have got quite a few of these). I found out that you shouldn't really have piercings in for a C.T scan now-a-days. Your G.P will say it is fine but, X-ray will tell you different. I had this problem in January and by chance most of mine were bio-flex so, I didn't have to take them out. I would suggest a bar instead of a post myself as they are easier to clean. Hope you are ok now.

Thanks for your detailed advise. Sorry I took this long to answer but I just came back to this post to give you guys an update. I went back to the second piercer to get a conch on my other ear and I asked him to take a look at my tragus and he agreed to change it. It’s been exactly 4 weeks since I got it pierced but he said it’s healing fine. I’ll share a picture now.
    m.imgur.com/gallery/Z3a9sQQ
    Last edited by Boo; 03-16-2019 at 08:00 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast