Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tragus pierced with a long curved barbell

Thank you to both of you. Let me see if I can have someone take another picture and I’ll add it. Also, it’s 2 and a half weeks ok to have or changed? It moves back and forth when I clean it and doesn’t hurt much.

m.imgur.com/gallery/HM1PfO3
    hope this is one is better
    Last edited by Boo; 03-04-2019 at 05:25 PM.

2wks will be fine for a skilled piercer (APP accredited). I had my nipple bar changed after 1 wk due to jewellery being too tight. Your bar is not ideal in a tragus but I have to say that your tragus cartilage doesn't look unhappy at the moment so probably better to have it changed in case things take a turn for the worst.
    Rgdz
    Rich

Piercings:
    Left Ear: 0g (8mm) & 2g (6mm) tunnels in lobe
    Right Ear: 8g (3.2mm) tunnel in helix cartilage
    Left Nipple: 4g (5mm) BCR horizontal
    Right Nipple: 10g (2.4mm) Barbell vertical
    Navel: 8g (3.2mm) BCR
    PA: 2g (6mm) BCR
    Lorum: 8g (3.2mm) BCR
    Hafada: 2x 8g (3.2mm) BCR

Tattoos:
    Left Arm: Tiki Island and Marine Life Sleeve
    Right Arm: Cosmic Space Sleeve
    Right Lower Leg: Aztec inspired 'Quetzalcoatl' Feathered Serpent

Quote Originally Posted by Luprisi View Post
    m.imgur.com/gallery/HM1PfO3
    hope this is one is better
    Again it's not easy to tell but it may be a touch closer to the edge in the ear but I've seen much worse than that and your finger is pulling forward plus the curved bar makes it look a little off. Personally I would get to an APP piercer and get fitted with quality jewellery suitable for your anatomy. That will make you feel much better about it
    Get that finger away too lol
    Rgdz
    Rich

Piercings:

Tattoos:

Quote Originally Posted by TikiMan View Post
    Again it's not easy to tell but it may be a touch closer to the edge in the ear but I've seen much worse than that and your finger is pulling forward plus the curved bar makes it look a little off. Personally I would get to an APP piercer and get fitted with quality jewellery suitable for your anatomy. That will make you feel much better about it
    Get that finger away too lol
    lol I thought the same thing when I saw the picture. My finger was too close!

My new piercer is APP certified but he refuses to change the jewelry for me. What can happen if I wait the 2 months he’s asking me to wait? Can I put a straight labret in without it messing it up ?

I'm a bit surprised to be honest as it is such a long bar. Personally I wouldn't change it myself as I'd want a pro-piercer to change it for me at this early stage. Maybe Boo or somebody else on here will be able to help a bit more.
    In the meantime maintain any aftercare, try not to catch it on clothing or hair and minimise any trauma to it including sleeping on it.
    Hopefully someone will chime in soon for you...
    Hang in there
    Rgdz
    Rich

Piercings:

Tattoos:

Quote Originally Posted by TikiMan View Post
    I'm a bit surprised to be honest as it is such a long bar. Personally I wouldn't change it myself as I'd want a pro-piercer to change it for me at this early stage. Maybe Boo or somebody else on here will be able to help a bit more.
    In the meantime maintain any aftercare, try not to catch it on clothing or hair and minimise any trauma to it including sleeping on it.
    Hopefully someone will chime in soon for you...
    Hang in there
    Thanks! Hopefully he changes it soon after some begging!

I'd ask him more about the angle of it tbh. If he really thinks it's been done poorly then take it out. I can kind of understand someone not wanting to touch work they don't think has been done well.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Boo View Post
    I'd ask him more about the angle of it tbh. If he really thinks it's been done poorly then take it out. I can kind of understand someone not wanting to touch work they don't think has been done well.
    I definitely agree with you. He asked me where I got it pierced and he said that explains it. I think since that was out first encounter he might have hesitated a bit since it’s not his work. To me it looks good but I’m no expert at all. I wonder if I’ll be able to fit a straight labret if I let it heal as he asked me to do. Or could I cause more problems if I change it now. Sorry for the ramble but this has occupied my mind since he told me last week!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast