Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Allergic to new earrings.

Thumbs up

Hi Mid,
    Good to hear your lobes are feeling better. Hope your new jewellery turns up soon and works for you when you fit them. Fingers crossed for you. Please let us know how you get on.
    Rgdz
    Rich

Piercings:
    Left Ear: 0g (8mm) & 2g (6mm) tunnels in lobe
    Right Ear: 12g (2mm) segment in helix cartilage
    Left Nipple: 6g (4mm) Chunk BCR horizontal
    Right Nipple: 10g (2.4mm) barbell vertical
    Navel: 10g (2.4mm) BCR
    PA: 4g (5mm) Chunk BCR
    Lorum: 12g (2.0mm) BCR
    Hafada: 2x 10g (2.4mm) BCR

Tattoos:
    Left Arm: Tiki Island and Marine Life Sleeve
    Right Arm: Cosmic Space Sleeve
    Right Lower Leg: Aztec inspired 'Quetzalcoatl' Feathered Serpent

Quote Originally Posted by Boo View Post
    Nickel allergies can develop over time and sometimes one area of the body can be allergic and another not be. Also there are grades of all kinds of metal so just looking for "steel" "surgical steel" or "titanium" isn't enough. They have to be "implant grade" for them to be low enough in nickel to either not cause a future allergy or set off an existing one. The stuff from CF is extremely cheap and all made in China with no quality control or real metal grading. If you want excellent quality you can order/buy through a piercer so you know what you're getting, they can also ensure you get the perfect size and fit you with the jewellery. If you're in the UK you can look on the UKAPP website or in the US the APP website. If you absolutely have to order yourself then search for implant grade materials or ask whatever shop you're ordering from exactly what grade/ASTM the metal they're using is and hope the finish/threading is good.
    I only found this out recently. I didn't even know you could even buy "graded" Titanium! I have bought some new ones to try with a much better grade. They were expensive but, you get what you pay for!

Hope your ears feel much better soon with your new jewellery Mid.
    Last edited by Mazzy; 03-15-2019 at 10:28 AM.
    Left side - Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, Helix, Rook, Lower Conch and Double Tragus.

Right side -Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, "Paw" print piercing on the flat of my ear, Tragus, Nostril, Helix and Eyebrow.

Retired - Right Eyebrow but, re-pierced next to the retired one.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Implant grade plain titanium really shouldn't be all that expensive tbh. Depends on what brand you go for I guess.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Default * Update *

My earrings came and itís the third day of me wearing them. I havenít experienced the same problem like I did before. My 1st and 3rd earlobe piercings on my left and right ear seemed to have accepted the jewelry as I donít feel any pain or itchy-ness.

However my 2nd earlobe piercings on both ears seem to be iffy about the new jewelry. They donít itch but there is very small slight pain followed by my one of the 2nds on the right ear keeps oozing very very very ( i emphasize the tiny amount because i think anyone would hardly notice) tiny amount of pus.

I did experience a little difficultly putting the earrings in my 2nds. I had to oil them up and try slipping them in with Vaseline. Waaay back my mom took me to get my 2nds done at the mall with a piercing gun. Ever since I found them to be the difficult with putting most earrings on as I had to slowly push them through. But this is the first time that they are acting this way. Could it be because I did a little bump up to an 18g and they obviously werenít that size? or even the difficulty of me trying to push them in caused it to tear a little??? or is just 2nds are weirdly allergic to implant grade titanium ?
    Piercings
    Right Ear: 3 Lobe
    Left Ear: 3 Lobe, 3 Helix

Soon/Want to Get:
    Right
    Ear: 4th Lobe, 1 Helix, maybe a Daith or Tragus
    Nose: Left side pierced

They could have been a size smaller (thinner). They will settle down soon enough.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Thank you Boo for the reply, I hope so I’ve been trying to treat them like they were freshly done by spraying them with some H2 ocean and sleeping on my back to keep pressure away from them for a while. From my experience leaving them alone never works for me as I seen it work for others and I’ve tried but things tend to get worse if I don’t clean. > n <;;;;
    Piercings
    Right Ear: 3 Lobe
    Left Ear: 3 Lobe, 3 Helix

Soon/Want to Get:
    Right
    Ear: 4th Lobe, 1 Helix, maybe a Daith or Tragus
    Nose: Left side pierced

Treat your seconds like new pierings and give them time to adjust.
    Personally I would never use Vaseline as a lube because it clogs the fistula hole and can trap nasties in there. Best to use a water based product like K-Y Jelly and can be washed off or fully refined Emu Oil which is light and absorbed by the skin (good for stretching piercings).
    As Boo said above....They should settle down.
    Great to hear the other holes are happy with the new metalwork
    Rgdz
    Rich

Piercings:
    Left Ear: 0g (8mm) & 2g (6mm) tunnels in lobe
    Right Ear: 12g (2mm) segment in helix cartilage
    Left Nipple: 6g (4mm) Chunk BCR horizontal
    Right Nipple: 10g (2.4mm) barbell vertical
    Navel: 10g (2.4mm) BCR
    PA: 4g (5mm) Chunk BCR
    Lorum: 12g (2.0mm) BCR
    Hafada: 2x 10g (2.4mm) BCR