Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rook piercing

Sounds pretty normal to me. Rooks are a fairly irritable piercing when they want to be. It's quite a tricky little fold of cartilage and can take a long time to heal. You could try a few days of reducing or cutting out the salt in the water as sometimes this can irritate and see if that helps but basically leave it well alone other than that. It's just healing and doing it's thing I reckon.
    Hope it settles soon for you
    Rgdz
    Rich

Piercings:
    Left Ear: 0g (8mm) & 2g (6mm) tunnels in lobe
    Right Ear: 10g (2.4mm) BCR in helix cartilage
    Left Nipple: 6g (4mm) Chunk BCR horizontal
    Right Nipple: 10g (2.4mm) barbell vertical
    Navel: 10g (2.4mm) BCR
    PA: 2g (6mm) BCR
    Lorum: 8g (3.2mm) BCR
    Hafada: 2x 8g (3.2mm) BCR

Tattoos:
    Left Arm: Tiki Island and Marine Life Sleeve
    Right Arm: Cosmic Space Sleeve
    Right Lower Leg: Aztec inspired 'Quetzalcoatl' Feathered Serpent

Yup = pretty much par for the course I'm afraid. One of mine was grumpy for months. The other perfectly fine...
    Caro

Ah thanks- I’m just going to leave well alone, the bar has a tendency to turn when I try clean it so I’ve probably moved it too much.

Quote Originally Posted by FudgeTort View Post
    My helix is having a flare up at the moment too it’ll be 2 years old in August. Actually I have three but this one is being a right pain. It’s got a bump and sore to touch again. Think I caught it in my sleep whilst trying to avoid my new piercings �� Thought it had finally healed its last flare up was December.

your rook Jewelry sounds really nice- can’t wait to change mine for a shorter bar.
    Thank you FudgeTort. I couldn't wait to change my Rook Jewellery. I had been waiting for a while. Oh, yes - about flare up's. Both your Helix and Rook are normal. I am still getting flare up's. My Helix has only just claimed down and it is over two years old. My Rook can be a pain as the crusties seem to be welded on. That will be two years old in June. Shower rinsing is very good for them.
    Last edited by Mazzy; 05-19-2019 at 01:42 PM.
    Left side - Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, Helix, Rook, Lower Conch and Double Tragus.

Right side -Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, "Paw" print piercing on the flat of my ear, Tragus, Nostril, Helix and Eyebrow.

Retired - Right Eyebrow's x2.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Would like a Forward Helix or two or maybe three!

Thanks. I killed off my helix flare up with hot SSS it’s gone now! Rook will obviously take longer.

Difficult because the jewlerry moves so much doesn’t it when you just need to clean it.

Shower soaks are the best idea. Quick easy and soothing. wish I didn’t love ear piercings so much they’re such a pain!

Quote Originally Posted by FudgeTort View Post
    wish I didn’t love ear piercings so much they’re such a pain!

How true that is FudgeTort - hope you are getting on ok.
    Left side - Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, Helix, Rook, Lower Conch and Double Tragus.

Right side -Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, "Paw" print piercing on the flat of my ear, Tragus, Nostril, Helix and Eyebrow.

Retired - Right Eyebrow's x2.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Would like a Forward Helix or two or maybe three!

Thanks it’s ok right now.
    Still has a bump but it’s not really red just skin coloured. Much less angry now I’m just leaving it alone. It’s a month old today, swelling has gone down.

My new second lobes are so uneventful right now. I forget they’re there to be honest they’ve never hurt or swelled or crusted much. Forgot how easy lobe piercings are in comparison to cartilage.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123