Thread: Philtrum/Medusa angle?

Default Philtrum/Medusa angle?

Hey guys/girls im a new body piercer still learning a few things here and there and was wondering if anyone preferably a pro could help me understand how to get the angle proper on a Philtrum piercing, the Philtrum has an angle you need to be perpendicular with to make the top set nice and flush when its downsized, can anyone help me understand how to do this right. Any tips or tricks. Thanks

Has your mentor not gone over this with you? How many have you done so far? What angles have you got? What were you taught in your theoretical and practical training?

Angle would mainly have to be determined by anatomy. Your mentor/trainer should be going over this with you though.

We don't really get many pros on here these days (I'm not one either) but even still someone explaining it on a forum is not really the way to go. You need to be in the piercing room observing.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Boo - agreed - can you also move it to one of the piercing forums rather than general?
    Got: double snakebites|central lip|labret|1.6mm and 5mm tongue|philtrum|angel bites|smiley|septum|3 pairs nostrils|3 pairs eyebrows|bridge|15 & 16 (l&r) lobe/cartilage, rook, 2x tragus, 3x forward helix, conch (both ears symmetrical)|3x navel (74 holes in total)Want: Everything, slowly building up my piercings over time.Next up: venoms; maybe something genital

Quote Originally Posted by -yv- View Post
    Boo - agreed - can you also move it to one of the piercing forums rather than general?
    Done. I didn't have time last night as I needed to rest my eye. Still have an infection and ulcer ongoing.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Thanks for responding, my mentor is no longer available to me unfortunately, ive done one Philtrum so far and it came out fine maybe a little more slanted than i wanted but it will sit flush when its downsized, practice makes perfect all in all, just thought id ask on the forum for other POV of others on this site.

I would suggest further training under another mentor if you want to do more of this piercing.