Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eyebrow piercing refuses to heal

Question Eyebrow piercing refuses to heal

Hey all,

There’s constant redness and minimal swelling around my eyebrow piercing. It changes: sometimes it’s only up or down, sometimes there’s some pus or some dry secretion, or the skin in its wider area is peeling. It started almost immediately after I finished the initial treatment.
    At the advice of my piercers I’ve tried the following: salt water, Bepanthen plus, tea tree extract, Fucidin antibiotic cream, taking the piercing out for a few months and re-piercing (with a different piercing & piercer), water and soap, Aflumycin antibiotic cream (stopped the pus - it returned later on), taking it out for a few days, some piercers’ cream whose name I don’t know, doing nothing. Some of these I’ve tried several times.
    In total I’ve had it for a year and a half (not including breaks). My piercer sort of gave up, but I don’t wanna. In the end, it’s not that bad - people don’t notice the redness and it doesn’t really get worse. Should I learn to live with the fact that my piercing would never be completely healthy? Or is there still something I can do?

P.S. I’ve had infection when I first got my helix, cleaned it non-stop with salty water and it stopped after six months.

Picture: dropbox.com/s/isqvpyajxrmhjoi/Photo%2024-02-2019%2008%2006%2040.jpg?dl=0

Thanks!!

Racheli.
    Last edited by Boo; 02-24-2019 at 07:41 AM.

What is the jewellery made from? If it's nothing but high-quality, mirror finish implant grade metal then that's likely going to be your problem. Go see an excellent piercer who can fit you with quality jewellery that you're not going to react to.

The advice from your piercer about putting all those things on it is shockingly bad. I'd consider finding someone more knowledgable.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Boo View Post
    What is the jewellery made from? If it's nothing but high-quality, mirror finish implant grade metal then that's likely going to be your problem. Go see an excellent piercer who can fit you with quality jewellery that you're not going to react to.

The advice from your piercer about putting all those things on it is shockingly bad. I'd consider finding someone more knowledgable.
    Sorry, forgot to mention - both piercings were titanium.

I've switched to a better piercer halfway... maybe not soon enough

Having seen your photo....it looks like it's just trying to heal. Stop putting antibiotics on it or any creams as it needs to breathe. If saline soaks aren't doing anything then don't bother. I'm assuming you are not located in the UK and possibly in the US? If so and you want to use a product then have you tried H2Ocean and another that I've heard of which is supposed to be giving good results is Briotech Topical Skin Spray. The effect of any product is completely unique to the individual and many people heal just fine with shower water and the application of Emu Oil around the area if dry.
    Some piercings can take a year or two to fully heal so patience is needed.
    Boo's comments above are correct too. Top quality jewellery is essential and if you're really worried then maybe seek a second opinion from an APP piercer.
    Last edited by TikiMan; 02-24-2019 at 11:02 AM.
    Rgdz
    Rich

Piercings:
    Left Ear: 0g (8mm) & 2g (6mm) tunnels in lobe
    Right Ear: 6g (4mm) tunnel in helix cartilage
    Left Nipple: 4g (5mm) BCR horizontal
    Right Nipple: 8g (3.2mm) Barbell vertical
    Navel: 8g (3.2mm) Curved Barbell
    PA: 2g (6mm) BCR
    Lorum: 8g (3.2mm) Curved Barbell
    Hafada: 2x 8g (3.2mm) Circular Barbell & BCR

Tattoos:
    Left Arm: Tiki Island and Marine Life Sleeve
    Right Arm: Cosmic Space Sleeve
    Right Lower Leg: Aztec inspired 'Quetzalcoatl' Feathered Serpent

Eyebrows can be really tricky to heal and some people just get redness from piercings, sometimes it fades, sometimes it just lessens over many many months or even years. Some minimal swelling is also normal as well.

Not all titanium is created equal, you can get crappy, pitted, low-grade titanium.

As for it not being "healthy" I wouldn't necessarily agree with this, there is no infection. A true infection in a piercing is rare and trust me when I say you'd know if you had one. They hurt, a lot and get extremely angry. What you seem to have is a slightly irritated, slower healing piercing that may always have some redness.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I see what you guys are saying. I’ll try just leaving it alone, maybe wash it with some water and soap every now and then in the shower. Thanks!

Don't put soap on it, just rinse it in the shower and leave it alone.

And I should continue not to sleep on it, right? I’ve been sleeping on my other side since I got this piercing... (sometimes when I tried sleeping on the piercing or when it got hit a tiny bit there was a bit of blood coming out of it)
    Last edited by Marsha_Figg; 02-26-2019 at 07:29 AM.

Yeah.....best to try and avoid disturbing it at all for now. As Boo said earlier, they can take a long time to heal. Who said piercings were easy?
    I still have trouble with my helix sometimes and that's years old and healed but also my own fault for wearing a segment ring in it. A bar or labret would be far more comfortable
    Rgdz
    Rich

Piercings:
    Left Ear: 0g (8mm) & 2g (6mm) tunnels in lobe
    Right Ear: 6g (4mm) tunnel in helix cartilage
    Left Nipple: 4g (5mm) BCR horizontal
    Right Nipple: 8g (3.2mm) Barbell vertical
    Navel: 8g (3.2mm) Curved Barbell
    PA: 2g (6mm) BCR
    Lorum: 8g (3.2mm) Curved Barbell
    Hafada: 2x 8g (3.2mm) Circular Barbell & BCR

Tattoos:
    Left Arm: Tiki Island and Marine Life Sleeve
    Right Arm: Cosmic Space Sleeve
    Right Lower Leg: Aztec inspired 'Quetzalcoatl' Feathered Serpent

Quote Originally Posted by Boo View Post
    Eyebrows can be really tricky to heal
    Many thanks for that Boo. I have had problems with mine and finally it has healed! I have had two eyebrow piercings. The first I didn't know I ripped it then went all funny as I used too much salt on it so, I had to retire it. Fast forward over 20 years later. I was careful and aware of it being there this time and it had been a total pain at times. I had put Fucidin H on mine a few times but, it can clog up your piercing. I stopped using everything and a warm shower rinse worked wonders on it and now it has healed up. I have a feeling it could be slowly migrating though.
    Last edited by Mazzy; 03-02-2019 at 12:28 PM.
    Left side - Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, Helix, Rook, Lower Conch.

Right side -Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, "Paw" print piercing on the flat of my ear, Tragus, Nostril, Helix and Eyebrow. "Shen Men" piercing, Triple Forward Helix.

Retired - Right Eyebrow's x2. Left Double Tragus - sadly! :(

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast