Thread: Please Help me find a new ear piering?

Default Please Help me find a new ear piering?

Hi i wrote a post about a helix piercing and now after some thought im looking for a different ear piercing instead Im looking to build on my ears as i just love how they look and im now thinking of a daith or a flat (i think thats the right term) the flat part of the ear on top. i was edging for the conch but thought this may be a bit painful as i only have tragus right ear and first second lobes on both. What are your experiences on the daith or flat? Painwise and healing wise. I do suffer bumps i still have one on my second lobe which was done 3 months ago but is going down slowly. Im such a baby when getting pierced i get so nervous but once its done im fine. I just dint know where to start again and dont want to go in with a really painful one so im put off more. Whats everyones thoughts on these piercings? Ive looked on the diaries which have also been a help but cant seem to find much info on the flat piercing. Thanks.

Dont worry about the pain just go with what you feel looks good for you. the pain and bumps will go away and youll be left with something you love. just like a tattoo =)

As I said in your last post about the helix....any cartilage it will take longer to fully settle and heal. The flat is also known as the scapha or outer conch too I think and look pretty cool. Daiths are often safer as they tend to be more protected in the little hollow they sit in. At the end of the day....just pick one and check with your piercer that your anatomy is suitable. Whilst you're there just get it done and enjoy
    Rgdz
    Rich

Piercings:
    Left Ear: 0g (8mm) & 2g (6mm) tunnels in lobe
    Right Ear: 10g (2.4mm) BCR in helix cartilage
    Left Nipple: 6g (4mm) Chunk BCR horizontal
    Right Nipple: 10g (2.4mm) barbell vertical
    Navel: 10g (2.4mm) BCR
    PA: 2g (6mm) BCR
    Lorum: 8g (3.2mm) BCR
    Hafada: 2x 8g (3.2mm) BCR

Tattoos:
    Left Arm: Tiki Island and Marine Life Sleeve
    Right Arm: Cosmic Space Sleeve
    Right Lower Leg: Aztec inspired 'Quetzalcoatl' Feathered Serpent

Thanks guys. Im edging more towards daith for the reason it is tucked away more and im so clumsy always knocking them when forgetting they're there or my little one does. I like the look of the flat because you can build it to double or triple which i think looks cool too

I've had both Daith's done and one of my flats (Paw print piercing). My Paw Print piercing had to be done all in one sitting and part of it was stretched later on as they couldn't get a bigger heart in what jewellery I wanted. (A diary is on here about it). It did hurt but, I would have it done again lol... It is one of few piercings that I have had that I can say is quite well behaved. I have had this for nearly a year now. I have had the odd niggle or two but, nothing as bad as my Helix from Hell! Conch pain wise was weird on me and it didn't hurt. But the jewellery being inserted more than hurt though. (We are all different pain-wise).
    Last edited by Mazzy; 03-02-2019 at 01:15 PM.
    Left side - Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, Helix, Rook, Lower Conch and Double Tragus (sadly the bottom one has migrated).

Right side -Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, "Paw" print piercing on the flat of my ear, Tragus, Nostril, Helix and Eyebrow. "Shen Men" piercing, Triple Forward Helix.

Retired - Right Eyebrow's x2.

Quite a few Tattoo's.