Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is the long healing process of getting both nipple piercings done worth it?

Default Is the long healing process of getting both nipple piercings done worth it?

Hi, Iíve been really dying for a new piercing for the past couple weeks so Iíve been thinking about getting both of my nipples pierced. I think this will be a great confidence boost for myself and my partner would love them. However Iím a bit worried about how long the healing process would be, as Iíve had my belly button pierced for 4 years but I remember that never actually fully healed until about a year and a half later... My other ear piercings also took a long time to heal and Iím worried that this will take ages as itís an area that will get caught easily and I would want to get both done at the same time.
    For those who have them done, when did they start to feel comfortable? I honestly donít know if I could handle constantly having painful nipples and have to flinch when they catch on things for months and months.
    Did you lose/gain sensitivity to your nipples after getting them pierced?
    And this question might sound stupid but as nipple play is something I really enjoy during intimitacy with my partner, Iím interested when people who have them done were able to have their partner touch/play with them after getting them done? Obviously Iíd wait a good few months before mouth contact , but was wondering when light touching with washed hands would be fine with nipple piercings

Thanks

You're honestly not going to know unless you go for it. No one here is going to be able to tell you how long it will take or how you will handle it.

You could be looking at 3-4 months, you could be looking at 2yrs+. Bodies are finicky things and nothing is ever predictable. I can't remember when mine started to feel ok, I would suggest searching the forum for experiences if you haven't already. I don't feel like it was too long though but what's long for you might not be long for me. Probably a few months? Maybe less?

I didn't gain or lose any sensitivity physically but gained psychologically I think.

As for being intimate, it's going to depend on how you're healing, if it goes to plan then possibly after 3 months or so. Orally you pretty much want them to be healed.

Reminder to other members that this isn't the 18+ section so please be appropriate with your discussion, language etc. Thanks!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Hi Charlottelyn,
    Very much as Boo says above. Healing is unique to everyone so times vary greatly. Clothing for females is another issue....Some say bras, some say no bra... I think you need to find a balance with it all so you are comfortable and only by trying will you find out.
    Personally I think they are one of the best piercings visually and great for selfconfidence too. Slightly different for me being male but I experienced hyper sensitivity for the first couple of days before normalising. Car seatbelts can be a annoying for both comfort and catching but I've not had any traumas other than that worth mentioning.
    My left nipple was pierced many years ago (90's) but my right was done 4wks ago and is nicely settled. Honestly....If you want it.....then do it
    Rgdz
    Rich

Piercings:
    Left Ear: 0g (8mm) & 2g (6mm) tunnels in lobe
    Right Ear: 10g (2.4mm) BCR in helix cartilage
    Left Nipple: 6g (4mm) Chunk BCR horizontal
    Right Nipple: 10g (2.4mm) barbell vertical
    Navel: 10g (2.4mm) BCR
    PA: 2g (6mm) BCR
    Lorum: 8g (3.2mm) BCR
    Hafada: 2x 8g (3.2mm) BCR

Tattoos:
    Left Arm: Tiki Island and Marine Life Sleeve
    Right Arm: Cosmic Space Sleeve
    Right Lower Leg: Aztec inspired 'Quetzalcoatl' Feathered Serpent

I got mine both done at the same time and they've been my favourite piercings. One of my nipples was inverted and made me very self conscious. Getting them pierced has corrected that and given me 100x more confidence.

I wore a bra 24/7 for the first couple of weeks and by then they had stopped being sore.

You soon get used to them and how not to catch them on things. I stopped wearing lacy bras as they'd catch on them sometimes. I found it easier not to wear a bra but that was a result of how much more confident i felt and I don't wear bras at all now.

I'm just more careful around what i wear so that they don't show at work.

I'm more careful with things like showering and silly things like putting a seat belt on.

Mine healed in about 6 months and were easier than my belly piercing.

I don't have more sensation, just much more confidence.

Hope you get on well if you get yours done.

Fi x
    Piercings:
    Nose, navel, both nipples horizontally, VCH, septum. Retired - tongue

Tattoos:
    Line of butterflies from lower belly round onto back and up to my shoulder, garter tatt on left thigh.

Thanks so much for the replies and the tips, they were all very helpful I’m booked in for tomorrow to get both done and can’t wait, will take care of them very well! So excited

Conversely I kept catching mine on things lol. The curse of very big boobs

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee how exciting! Hope it goes great for you!!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by charlottelyn View Post
    Thanks so much for the replies and the tips, they were all very helpful I’m booked in for tomorrow to get both done and can’t wait, will take care of them very well! So excited
    Good luck and enjoy!
    Rgdz
    Rich

Piercings:
    Hafada: 2x 8g (3.2mm) BCR

Tattoos:
    Left Arm: Tiki Island and Marine Life Sleeve
    Right Arm: Cosmic Space Sleeve
    Right Lower Leg: Aztec inspired 'Quetzalcoatl' Feathered Serpent

Hope it goes well. Enjoy
    Piercings:
    Nose, navel, both nipples horizontally, VCH, septum. Retired - tongue

Tattoos:
    Line of butterflies from lower belly round onto back and up to my shoulder, garter tatt on left thigh.

Got them done and absolutely love them the pain wasn’t too bad, definitely hurt more than some of my other piercings and the second nipple made me flinch a bit but absolutely love them so glad I got them done!! Yay haha Pain isn’t too bad except for some stinging but been taking ibuprofen! So happy with them I keep looking in the mirror hahahaha Hope the healing goes ok

Yay!!! That's great !
    Wishing you all the best with the healing
    Rgdz
    Rich

Piercings: