Thread: Helix piercing

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Helix piercing

Hi everyone im new here and im looking for some advice to help me make up my mind on a new piercing. So far i have naval, nose, tragus, first and second lobes. My seconds have been done for over 3 months now and still healing, ive had a bit of trouble with one of them as it formed a bump which has now gone but still slightly sore. Im loving the multiple ear piercings and Im thinking of having one third lobe piercing on one ear and a helix on the other but im a bit put off with the helix as i had it done when i was 13 with a gun and within a week my stud became stuck in my ear and i got a nasty infection so removed it. Im looking to get the other ear pierced but just wanted to know if these helix piercings heal properly or cause more bother than not? Just becuase ive heard so many people suffer with them and have you had a ring or bar? ive always been pierced with a bar because im so scared of catching the hoop but at the same time i love the look of the hoop. Do they heal just the same as bars as ive read bars are better for healing purposes. Sorry for the long post and thanks for looking x

Hi Loobyloo30,
    If you've managed to heal a Tragus then I would think a helix would be fine. As with any cartilage it will take longer to fully settle and heal. Mine took a year before I was completely clear of the dreaded bump and soreness. I was pierced by a needle at 1.2mms (16g) with a horseshoe but tbh I would in future use a straight bar or labret as movement is greatly reduced. Once fully healed you can try different styles and see how you get on with. I did stretch mine very very slowly and now wear a 2mm (12g) segment ring in it with no problems. Don't think I would stretch it much bigger though as the cartilage doesn't give very much and there is limited blood flow. I think bigger would be better punched and that's a commitment.
    Some users on here have some amazing helix piercings and I'm sure will be able to share a greater experience than mine.
    Rgdz
    Rich

Piercings:
    Left Ear: 0g (8mm) & 2g (6mm) tunnels in lobe
    Right Ear: 10g (2.4mm) BCR in helix cartilage
    Left Nipple: 6g (4mm) Chunk BCR horizontal
    Right Nipple: 10g (2.4mm) barbell vertical
    Navel: 10g (2.4mm) BCR
    PA: 2g (6mm) BCR
    Lorum: 8g (3.2mm) BCR
    Hafada: 2x 8g (3.2mm) BCR

Tattoos:
    Left Arm: Tiki Island and Marine Life Sleeve
    Right Arm: Cosmic Space Sleeve
    Right Lower Leg: Aztec inspired 'Quetzalcoatl' Feathered Serpent

You should be fine. You probably only had problems with your helix before because you didn't know what you are doing.

Now you are on here and asking questions and learning then you should fare much better.

I'd say get it done with a bar but if you have long hair then be careful.
    Got: double snakebites|central lip|labret|1.6mm and 5mm tongue|philtrum|angel bites|smiley|septum|3 pairs nostrils|3 pairs eyebrows|bridge|15 & 16 (l&r) lobe/cartilage, rook, 2x tragus, 3x forward helix, conch (both ears symmetrical)|3x navel (74 holes in total)Want: Everything, slowly building up my piercings over time.Next up: venoms; maybe something genital

Hi Loobyloo30 - If you are thinking of having a third lobe they take a little longer to heal up. Mine are finally healing **at last**. It has been about 14 months. I have had my Helix's pierced one is totally fine now (It has a bar in it) but, the other had bumps on it all the time. I have given it nearly two years (I have worked out if takes two years healing for cartilage for me) my piercer changed it to a bio-flex post. I have given it as the last resort - silicone piercing discs with a titanium post on it to try at the moment. Everyone is totally different. I know I catch it on my hoodies etc.... Please have piercing's done with a needle.
    Last edited by Mazzy; 02-12-2019 at 12:47 PM.
    Left side - Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, Helix, Rook, Lower Conch and Double Tragus (sadly the bottom one has migrated).

Right side -Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, "Paw" print piercing on the flat of my ear, Tragus, Nostril, Helix and Eyebrow. "Shen Men" piercing, Triple Forward Helix.

Retired - Right Eyebrow's x2.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Thankyou all for ypur replies. My tragus did have a few issues along the way it did devalop a bump for a good 2-3 months but after that it healed fine and had no problems since. My seconds are taking longer to heal to be honest i thought i was getting an infection but touch wood they seem to be so much better now. Ill opt for the bar then i think. Im just hoping when i do get it done it just doesnt go the same way my old one did but as yv said that might have been because i was younger then and had it done with the gun. I think i do take a while to heal aswell theyve all been quite long until healed. I absolutly love how they look once healed it was obviously my previous one thay put me off and that soooo many people have said they are troublesome

I'm sure you'll cope just fine. Sounds like you've got a plan formulated. Maybe post a piercing diary thread and share you experience with us
    Good luck
    Rgdz
    Rich

Piercings:
    Left Ear: 0g (8mm) & 2g (6mm) tunnels in lobe
    Right Ear: 10g (2.4mm) BCR in helix cartilage
    Left Nipple: 6g (4mm) Chunk BCR horizontal
    Right Nipple: 10g (2.4mm) barbell vertical
    Navel: 10g (2.4mm) BCR
    PA: 2g (6mm) BCR
    Lorum: 8g (3.2mm) BCR
    Hafada: 2x 8g (3.2mm) BCR