Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How on earth do you cope with a hand tattoo?

Quote Originally Posted by Mazzy View Post
    It was a shame but, I have found another product (very glad). The reaction was not as bad as I usually have - so I caught it in time. I am willing to try anything to be honest. Thank you for hoping my new colour touch-ups heal well and look fresh. It certainly looks much brighter now.
    I like to try things too after I've done the research and stop using at the first signs of potential trouble much like you although I'm happy with my aftercare regimes and get good results for my lifestyle .

what I would like to know is - they put the wrap on when you have had it tattooed and when you get come you clean it and put a new wrap on etc... It says you can now leave it on for 6 days. What on earth happens when your skin starts to peel etc... Or does it not do it so much? Sorry, to ask silly questions but, I don't know.
    6 days....? Yes & No is the answer in my experience.
    Key to any aftercare is to listen to your body more than anything as different locations of tattoos vary with healing and any products used, eat healthily and drink plenty of water.
    My personal "General Guide" for use of dermal film healing consists of:-
    • Tattoo session finished
      • Artist clean down with mild solution green soap
      • Let air dry 20-30mins (usually studio photos, get shown off to rest of studio lol...).
      • Cut, shape and apply Dermalize (round off corners) allowing for movement and overlapping as required.

• At Home
      • Within the first 24 Hrs dependant on body fluid build up I will remove the initial dressing in a luke warm shower and lightly wash using Easy Tattoo soft cleansing gel (other products are available).
      • Dab dry with clean towel and allow to breathe for 20mins
      • Cut, shape and apply Dermalize (round off corners) allowing for movement and overlapping as required. This does take practice!!
      • Leave in place for up to 5 days. If irritation occurs then remove. Generally 4 days seems to work best for me. Shower and wash as normal during this time as film is water resistant.
      • Remove in the shower by lifting away from the skin rather than peeling back. Take your time with this and work it gradually. Warm water will help break the adhesive bond.
      • Lightly wash using Easy Tattoo soft cleansing gel (other products are available).
      • Dab dry with clean towel and allow to breathe for 20mins
      • Apply Hustle Butter liberally over the tattoo or Easy Tattoo aftercare cream on more sensitive areas.

The last three bullet points I tend to do religiously twice daily for another 10 days or so. I get very little in the way of itch and only a minor peel of skin after removal of the dermal film. There is no sticking to the sheets or clothing and the inks seem to lock into my skin during this process.

Here is a pic of Dermalize when removed after 4 days. It's like a snake skin lol....

Here is the tattoo itself just after removal....

This clearly works for me so I really hope you get on with the new dermal film you are going to try
    I hope this is gives you some useful info. Let me know if you have any queries Mazzy.
    Last edited by TikiMan; 02-17-2019 at 08:55 PM.
    Rgdz
    Rich

Piercings:
    Left Ear: 0g (8mm) & 2g (6mm) tunnels in lobe
    Right Ear: 10g (2.4mm) BCR in helix cartilage
    Left Nipple: 6g (4mm) Chunk BCR horizontal
    Right Nipple: 10g (2.4mm) barbell vertical
    Navel: 10g (2.4mm) BCR
    PA: 2g (6mm) BCR
    Lorum: 8g (3.2mm) BCR
    Hafada: 2x 8g (3.2mm) BCR

Tattoos:
    Left Arm: Tiki Island and Marine Life Sleeve
    Right Arm: Cosmic Space Sleeve
    Right Lower Leg: Aztec inspired 'Quetzalcoatl' Feathered Serpent

Sorry, to hear you are the same allergy wise Boo. It is so annoying.

I was very much warned by my Tattooist to keep an eye on the tattoo protective wrap. It looks to me as if the adhesive was so strong that it took some of my skin off rather than being totally allergic this time. (Or it was just the start of it all). It had to come off anyway in the end.

I e-mailed another company that sold another protective wrap and they kindly sent me a sample to try. I tried it on my leg for over a day. (I know quite quickly if I am allergic to it). I was not allergic to it and forgot it was there. I have ordered some as I have got a big tattoo on the way. But, what I would like to know is - they put the wrap on when you have had it tattooed and when you get come you clean it and put a new wrap on etc... It says you can now leave it on for 6 days. What on earth happens when your skin starts to peel etc... Or does it not do it so much? Sorry, to ask silly questions but, I don't know.
    I know, it's super annoying, all plasters and micropore tape etc bring me out in welts!

The problem is that some medical wraps were simply never designed for tattoos just like people using nappy cream etc for tattoos, it's a bad idea as they are simply not designed for tattoo healing. I know some companies are quick to profit and will just replicate them without doing substantial testing on actual tattoos. Hopefully, some have done proper research and produced a product designed for tattoos and not medical use.

It's each to their own really though when it comes to healing a tattoo. Some wet heal (wrapped in sarin) some semi-wet heal (medical/tattoo wrap), some semi-dry unwrapped & moisturised or dry aka LITHA. What works for one won't work for another.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by TikiMan View Post

Here is the tattoo itself just after removal....

Squeeee!! I love this
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Thank you both very much for your help and advice. Especially the instructions for the Tattoo wrap. Thank you also for the photographs. The top one is funny! Looks like he is fighting to get out. (Lovely tattoo btw).

I agree with Boo about us all using more medical products that weren't designed for just Tattoos. We need more Tattoo products that have been tested more etc... And for allergies. There is more out now than when I was first tattooed over 10 years ago.

When I bought the Tattoo film I just happened to order some butter. I have never used that before. So much better than what I have been using.
    Left side - Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, Helix, Rook, Lower Conch and Double Tragus.

Right side -Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, "Paw" print piercing on the flat of my ear, Tragus, Nostril, Helix and Eyebrow. "Shen Men" piercing.

Retired - Right Eyebrow's x2.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Would like a Forward Helix or two or maybe three!

Shame you didn't get on with the Dermalize. Reactions obviously can happen and clearly you had the good sense to remove it. It's quite rare but can happen. Hopefully the irritation has calmed now.
    Hope your new colour touch-ups heal well and look fresh!
    Sadly, I don't know what is going on but it hasn't taken again - even after the second attempt. There is the same small patch of pink showing through it, in the exact same place. Can you get places on your body that never ever totally take? I think I may leave it alone this time as it certainly hurt more the second time.

Right side -Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, "Paw" print piercing on the flat of my ear, Tragus, Nostril, Helix and Eyebrow. "Shen Men" piercing.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Sadly, I don't know what is going on but it hasn't taken again - even after the second attempt. There is the same small patch of pink showing through it, in the exact same place. Can you get places on your body that never ever totally take? I think I may leave it alone this time as it certainly hurt more the second time.
    Dropout certainly can happen. Areas like elbows, knees, feet and fingers are typical problem areas as well as scar tissue. Some fleshy area can also have areas which just don't take. The body can just reabsorb some inks. There are alot of factors from colour pigments, ink brand, needle type, the artist themselves and indeed yourself. Without seeing what your problem is it is hard to know if anyone may be able to offer any kind of assistance.

It's a real shame Mazzy. Maybe check in with your artist again to see if they can advise. It's still quite soon since the tatt so maybe it's something like scabbing and will come good with time.
    Rgdz
    Rich

Piercings:

Tattoos:

Dropout certainly can happen. Areas like elbows, knees, feet and fingers are typical problem areas as well as scar tissue. Some fleshy area can also have areas which just don't take. The body can just reabsorb some inks. There are alot of factors from colour pigments, ink brand, needle type, the artist themselves and indeed yourself. Without seeing what your problem is it is hard to know if anyone may be able to offer any kind of assistance.

It's a real shame Mazzy. Maybe check in with your artist again to see if they can advise. It's still quite soon since the tatt so maybe it's something like scabbing and will come good with time.
    Thank you for your help and advice TikiMan. I went to see my Tattooist on Monday as I was having another Tattoo done. My Tattooist thinks that it went on better the second time but, there is still a pink chunk like piece of skin showing through. He thinks I may have to have another colour on it instead. I have said that I will wait a while as I didn't fancy having it tattooed at the moment. lol..

I have had the line work done on my leg for my Owl Tattoo. I looked forward to using the protective wrap this time and was fine with it and took it all off yesterday. I am surprised by how it has all been as the last leg tattoo I had I could not put my leg down for over three weeks afterwards. Hardly any pain afterwards either. (It hurt whilst being tattooed in some places though). It didn't burn or sting so much this time around either (afterwards).
    Last edited by Mazzy; 03-02-2019 at 11:58 AM.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

That's great news Mazzy,
    Dermal film isn't for everyone but I personally love the stuff and I'm really pleased that you were able to find a suitable product for yourself to use. Keep your cleaning and moisturising up and hopefully it will be fully recovered very soon. Look forward to maybe seeing it when you're ready to post a pic .
    Happy healing
    Rgdz
    Rich

Piercings:

Tattoos:

That's great news Mazzy!! Hope it heals up lovely for you <3

Many thanks! The Tattoo film worked great and I am really impressed with the butter too. Both Yayo Familia products. No allergies this time. I used to use Tattoo Goo products but, no matter how much you put on it felt way too dry and very itchy. The butter is cutting down on the dreaded itch. It is healing very quickly. I am going to try to post some pics on the show off thread but, I am not very good with them and doing the links.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12