Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Rook and 6 week old Antitragus

Default New Rook and 6 week old Antitragus

6 weeks ago i had my antitragus pierced and today i had my rook and a helix piercing done. These last 2 piercings have completed my left ear. I know i could have started a "my experience" thread on my antitragus but i didnt. But I'll talk about my problematic antitragus and my new rook piercing.

As i said i got my antitragus pierced 6 weeks ago. Any and all current problems are all on me. I picked at the skin and caused a scab. The scab bleed everytime i cleaned it and was so sore. So I started doing my own thing. I was putting triple antibiotic ointment on it. I would wipe it off after a couple of hours. After a couple of days the scab went away and that left pink skin. Then today I noticed that there was a fleshy, squishy and tender bump. My piercer looked at it but said it looked fine that it was looking like its trying to heal. You can see the bump im talking about in the picture.

Today i added a rook to my list of piercings. Again i read how people said it was their most painful piercing they have had. So i never really know what I'm getting myself into. It was a very quick and easy piercing for me. A small pinch and thats it. Even with the adddition of a helix my ear didnt even feel sore afterwards.

Left ear: 4 Lobe piercings, 2 Cartilage, Conch, Double Forward Helix, Antitragus and Vertical Industrial
    Right ear: 3 Lobe piercings, Auricle, Helix, Conch x2, Snug and Forward helix
    Facial: Double Lower and Upper Nostril, Septum, Vertical labret and Philtrum
    Want: Everything
    Retired: Naval x2, Right Nostril, Anti-Tragus, double high nostrils and multiple lobe/Auricle piercings
    Tattoos: None but I want some.

What a lovely ear! Bump advice - please leave well alone. They do go when "they" are ready. I have had plenty.
    Left side - Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, Helix, Rook, Lower Conch and Double Tragus (sadly the bottom one has migrated).

Right side -Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, "Paw" print piercing on the flat of my ear, Tragus, Nostril, Helix and Eyebrow. "Shen Men" piercing, Triple Forward Helix.

Retired - Right Eyebrow's x2.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Still looks great - how about you revive the "pictures of your ears" thread?
    Got: double snakebites|central lip|labret|1.6mm and 5mm tongue|philtrum|angel bites|smiley|septum|3 pairs nostrils|3 pairs eyebrows|bridge|15 & 16 (l&r) lobe/cartilage, rook, 2x tragus, 3x forward helix, conch (both ears symmetrical)|3x navel (74 holes in total)Want: Everything, slowly building up my piercings over time.Next up: venoms; maybe something genital

Quote Originally Posted by Mazzy View Post
    What a lovely ear! Bump advice - please leave well alone. They do go when "they" are ready. I have had plenty.
    While sleeping the bump burst or something. I woke up with it bloody and a scab.
    Left ear: 4 Lobe piercings, 2 Cartilage, Conch, Double Forward Helix, Antitragus and Vertical Industrial
    Retired: Naval x2, Right Nostril, Anti-Tragus, double high nostrils and multiple lobe/Auricle piercings

Quote Originally Posted by -yv- View Post
    Still looks great - how about you revive the "pictures of your ears" thread?
    When i get a chance ill have to go look for it and post in it.

Antitragus- the fleshy, squishy bump "burst". I woke up to go tomwprk and it was bloody and a scab started forming. It's less tender then it was.

Rook- the area is swollen. It's not sore feeling until I try to clean it then it hurts. I can't really see the piercing in the mirror so i have to clean it blind.

Oooh Brit Renee..... That sounds frustrating, sore and not what you need!
    I guess that 7 ear piercings in 8 months may be starting to take it's toll on your immune system. Cartilage as you well know, can always be grumpy and be long time healers. Keep up with gentle aftercare and saline soaks and hopefully it will settle for you .
    Rgdz
    Rich

Piercings:
    Left Ear: 0g (8mm) & 2g (6mm) tunnels in lobe
    Right Ear: 10g (2.4mm) BCR in helix cartilage
    Left Nipple: 6g (4mm) Chunk BCR horizontal
    Right Nipple: 10g (2.4mm) barbell vertical
    Navel: 10g (2.4mm) BCR
    PA: 2g (6mm) BCR
    Lorum: 8g (3.2mm) BCR
    Hafada: 2x 8g (3.2mm) BCR

Tattoos:
    Left Arm: Tiki Island and Marine Life Sleeve
    Right Arm: Cosmic Space Sleeve
    Right Lower Leg: Aztec inspired 'Quetzalcoatl' Feathered Serpent

Tikiman the antitragus feels 10 times better since the bump essentially burst. It's not as tender as it was. It bleeds a little when i clean it but im just going to treat it as a fresh piercing. But now my whole upper ear is swollen. I thought i was going to die it was thribbing when i woke up.

Might be worth having it checked ASAP by your pro-piercer. Rooks are potentially tricky and also more prone to catching and sleeping on. An over the counter anti-inflammatory like ibuprofen (Advil) may help a little if you can take them in the meantime and aren't already.
    I always keep some sterile wound wash pods handy as they can be convenient to squirt a little saline into those hard to reach areas especially when swollen.
    Maybe start by calling your piercer and see what they say.
    Fingers crossed for you.
    Rgdz
    Rich

Piercings:
    Left Ear: 0g (8mm) & 2g (6mm) tunnels in lobe
    Right Ear: 10g (2.4mm) BCR in helix cartilage
    Left Nipple: 6g (4mm) Chunk BCR horizontal
    Right Nipple: 10g (2.4mm) barbell vertical
    Navel: 10g (2.4mm) BCR
    PA: 2g (6mm) BCR
    Lorum: 8g (3.2mm) BCR
    Hafada: 2x 8g (3.2mm) BCR

Tattoos:
    Left Arm: Tiki Island and Marine Life Sleeve
    Right Arm: Cosmic Space Sleeve
    Right Lower Leg: Aztec inspired 'Quetzalcoatl' Feathered Serpent

Tikiman I'd normally take Ibuprofen for swelling I haven't this time around. I also had the top most helix pierced and i think thats where the swelling on my top half of the ear comes from plus any swelling caused the the rook. I did get it caught on my winter hat yesterday. I keep sterile saline wash at hand. I use it to clean my piercings. My ear is less painful right now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast