Thread: Recommendation for getting VCH in London

Default Recommendation for getting VCH in London

Hi everyone,

Im new to this forum and piercing in general (I only have a single piercing in each ear lobe at the moment) and I was hoping for some advice and recommendations.

I am thinking of having a clitoral hood piercing, probably a VCH. I know that this might seem a bit extreme for my first and probably only non-earlobe piercing!

My problem is that I really dont know anything about body piercing and having read some of the threads here, it seems a bit complicated. I had my ears done as an adult at a highstreet place that used a piercing gun. I have since read here and elsewhere that piercing guns should never be used, even on ears.

Would anyone be able to provide some recommendations for really good, reputable piercing places (ideally in central London, but otherwise in the south of England) who do this sort of piercing?

As I have never had a (non-ear lobe) piercing before and I understand that not all anatomies are built for this type of piercing, I would really like to find somewhere that I can get an appointment to go in, be examined (if that is the right term) and be pierced, without feeling rushed or pressured. To be honest, I am also a bit nervous and so need a good bed side manner! Within reason, cost is not really an issue. I am probably not planning to have any other piercings done after this one and just want this one to be perfect, particularly given where it is going, so I am prepared to spend a bit more! I have looked at the UKAPP website, but there seem to be very few people in London listed (seems strange) and it is slightly hard to understand where they actually work.

I have also read some news articles from a few years ago about female genital piercings being considered as FGM. There doesnt seem to be much about this subject in more recent news articles and I believe that this sort of piercing is still available, so I assume that it is no longer an issue. Is this correct? Can anybody explain it better? Can you still get VCH piercings in the UK?

Sorry for the long rambling post, I hope I have put it in the right place! Thank you in advance for your help.

B

Could you get to Worthing? Quentin at Kalima is excellent. If not then contact Julie at Cold Steel in Camden (call in advance as she doesn't work all days and I'm not 100% sure if she's still there any longer).

Extreme Needle is also well known and trusted with Roni having an extensive genital piercing portfolio online.

There's also London Old Road who are UKAPP members. The UKAPP was only created a short while ago so it doesn't have a lot of members yet.

You can get VCH piercings in the UK however some piercers have stopped doing them so you'll have to ring/email ahead. They aren't classed as "illegal" as such but can be noted as "FGM" by a medical professional if noticed and they decide (for whatever strange reason) to do so.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Hi B,
    If you can get to Canterbury then I can recommend Danielle at 777Body Piercing who I can personally recommend albeit my piercings are male.

If you really want to stay central London then it may be worth a consultation with Raphael at Extreme Needle located in Covent Garden. Have a look at her profile on their website...
    extremeneedle.co.uk/raphael.html (copy & paste the address into your browser and add the www. )
    Make sure you feel comfortable and confident with your piercer. You will be surprised how at ease a good professional piercer will make you feel.

Let us know how you get on.
    Rgdz
    Rich

Piercings:
    Left Ear: 0g (8mm) & 2g (6mm) tunnels in lobe
    Right Ear: 10g (2.4mm) BCR in helix cartilage
    Left Nipple: 6g (4mm) Chunk BCR horizontal
    Right Nipple: 10g (2.4mm) barbell vertical
    Navel: 10g (2.4mm) BCR
    PA: 2g (6mm) BCR
    Lorum: 8g (3.2mm) BCR
    Hafada: 2x 8g (3.2mm) BCR

Tattoos:
    Left Arm: Tiki Island and Marine Life Sleeve
    Right Arm: Cosmic Space Sleeve
    Right Lower Leg: Aztec inspired 'Quetzalcoatl' Feathered Serpent

Thank you. That is really helpful!

B

You're welcome, if I want to know anything about the procedure from suitability to getting it done to healing do let me know. I had my first VCH done 9 years ago and although I did remove it, I replaced it with a large gauge VCH later on. I've also seen the procedure done a few times.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Boo View Post
    You're welcome, if I want to know anything about the procedure from suitability to getting it done to healing do let me know. I had my first VCH done 9 years ago and although I did remove it, I replaced it with a large gauge VCH later on. I've also seen the procedure done a few times.
    Boo, Yes please, that would be really kind! Anything you think I ought to know would be really helpful, particularly suitability, getting it done (pain/discomfort/generally what to expect) and healing.

Also could you explain gauges and why you changed (Iím afraid I really donít know much about piercing).

Thanks again,

B

Quote Originally Posted by Bcrac View Post
    Thank you. That is really helpful!

B
    Hi B,
    How are you getting on with your research into piercers? It is a big decision for sure.
    Rgdz
    Rich

Piercings:
    Left Ear: 0g (8mm) & 2g (6mm) tunnels in lobe
    Right Ear: 10g (2.4mm) BCR in helix cartilage
    Left Nipple: 6g (4mm) Chunk BCR horizontal
    Right Nipple: 10g (2.4mm) barbell vertical
    Navel: 10g (2.4mm) BCR
    PA: 2g (6mm) BCR
    Lorum: 8g (3.2mm) BCR
    Hafada: 2x 8g (3.2mm) BCR

Tattoos:
    Left Arm: Tiki Island and Marine Life Sleeve
    Right Arm: Cosmic Space Sleeve
    Right Lower Leg: Aztec inspired 'Quetzalcoatl' Feathered Serpent

Urgh, sorry for forgetting this! I'll go over what typically happens:

Find a good piercer you are comfortable with, go in beforehand if needed and see if you feel the need to ask questions or see if you're comfortable with them.
    Once happy make an appointment, I tend to find if you're nervous then knowing you're booked in and given time can make it easier than sitting around waiting in a busy waiting area.

Once you arrive you'll be asked to fill out paperwork, this will ask numerous questions to ensure you and your piercers safety, ask if you're unsure about anything.
    Jewellery can be discussed at this point as well.
    You'll then be asked to go into the piercing room, this will be private and only you and your piercer will be present (if you want to take someone with you then ask before you make your appointment as some piercers either don't allow it or don't have room so don't be disappointed if they say no).
    You will be asked to remove clothing from the waist down, if wearing a skirt/dress you can remove your underwear and hitch up the skirt or you can remove shoes and take your leg out of on pant/jeans leg and underwear or remove them both totally.
    You'll then be told where to lay on the bed/chair. Most piercers use an adjustable bed which will be laid flat or slightly raised at the head. Some do use a chair but it's less common, again it will be reclined almost if not fully.
    During this time your piercer will be prepping themselves and their equipment, they may change gloves several times. They will start to take tools and jewellery out of packaging if they haven't already.
    They will position you how they need to, there's no need to have you spread eagle or anything but taking a stance similar to that of a pap/smear is often used. (Feet together, let your knees fall apart, or one leg down, the other bent, let that knee fall to the side).
    They will have a little look at your anatomy first, this is mainly done by sight but they may also slightly touch your hood to straighten it or reposition it slightly, this will not feel too invasive at all.
    The tools they will initially use are NRT or needle receiving tube, and a needle. The NRT is a hollow tube for the needle to go into. The needle they use may be a standard blade needle (just a piece of metal with a point) or a cannula needle which will have a thin plastic sheath over the last part of the needle.
    You'll be wiped over with alcohol, this won't hurt or sting.
    The end of the NRT is then placed under the hood, this may feel odd and/or cold and the piercer will take their time getting it into the right position.
    Once ready they will ask you to take a deep, slow breath in. At this point they will then push the needle through the thin piece of membrane that is your hood.
    It will feel like a sharp scratch, not too bad but you may feel the need to jump/flinch so try not to and don't worry if you do as the piercer will be ready for it.
    The piercer will then ask you to take another deep breath in as they pass the jewellery through, they will then get the end ball and screw it on.
    You will be given or shown a mirror to look at your new shiny!
    They may offer you a pad/liner or some gauze to pop into your underwear to catch any bleeding. This shouldn't be too bad and it usually stops fast.
    At this point you'll be asked to sit up slowly. Speak out if you feel dizzy or light headed!!
    Once you feel ok, then stand up slowly and you can get dressed.
    Your piercer will then go over aftercare with you verbally, explain when to come back for a downsizing of jewellery and give you written aftercare also.

Although the above is long from walking into the room and getting dressed is usually no more than 10 minutes depending on how much you may chat etc!

As for me, I got my standard VCH done (1.6mm/14g) done 9 years ago but I couldn't get on with it, I just felt it got in the way during fun times and felt it could have possibly been placed a little deeper for my liking plus my partner at the time wasn't interested in it which made me lose interest in it in a way plus I didn't know how to look after it and wore crap jewellery in it etc.

I got it redone at a thicker gauge as this can prevent what's known as the "cheesewire effect". This is where a thinner gauge can cause migration but tbh for me it was more to do with preferring the look of larger gauge jewellery. I currently have a 2.4mm Anatometal titanium barbell with 6mm ends, it's all anodised gold/yellow and the bottom ball is a big white opal, super pretty and fun!

One thing to note is that some piercers may forego an NRT, this is fine as long as they're super experienced and for some it's just the way they do it. However, never ever let a piercer use clamps for a VCH they are not to be used in such a delicate area and often lead to an incorrect piercing as they can fold the hood and cause extra trauma to the area.

Hope this helps, if you have any questions just shout <3
    Last edited by Boo; 01-18-2019 at 03:50 AM.