Thread: Loving to be Offended

Default Loving to be Offended

Is it just me or are there people out there who look to find offence in everything? Particularly on the internet?

I feel I can't say anything for fear of someone taking me to task on it.

I posted on another internet forum looking to meet up with other trans* people to do real world things with. I said I was looking for people who looked convincing as a girl (when out and about in public I don't want pointing and name calling etc which I would get with someone who wasn't convincing) and got accused of demeaning anyone who wasn't convincing as a girl.

I never said a word against anyone and indeed have many many good friends who aren't convincing (I just don't walk the mean streets of Glasgow with them). It upsets me.

What's next? I like people with piercings - am I discriminating against folk who aren't pierced?
    Got: double snakebites|central lip|labret|1.6mm and 5mm tongue|philtrum|angel bites|smiley|septum|3 pairs nostrils|3 pairs eyebrows|bridge|15 & 16 (l&r) lobe/cartilage, rook, 2x tragus, 3x forward helix, conch (both ears symmetrical)|3x navel (74 holes in total)Want: Everything, slowly building up my piercings over time.Next up: venoms; maybe something genital

Lovely way to start a new year Yv (not)
    You are right that people are so challenged to do anything other than look for something negative in every avenue of life and sling it at you. Easier said than done but don't be offended by some numpty hiding behind technology.
    Really hope you get some positive responses on the other forum too
    Rgdz
    Rich

Piercings:
    Left Ear: 0g (8mm) & 2g (6mm) tunnels in lobe
    Right Ear: 10g (2.4mm) BCR in helix cartilage
    Left Nipple: 6g (4mm) Chunk BCR horizontal
    Right Nipple: 10g (2.4mm) barbell vertical
    Navel: 10g (2.4mm) BCR
    PA: 2g (6mm) BCR
    Lorum: 8g (3.2mm) BCR
    Hafada: 2x 8g (3.2mm) BCR

Tattoos:
    Left Arm: Tiki Island and Marine Life Sleeve
    Right Arm: Cosmic Space Sleeve
    Right Lower Leg: Aztec inspired 'Quetzalcoatl' Feathered Serpent

Thanks TikiMan,

I got the thread deleted so I'm going to try again. It's incredibly hard finding other trans people who aren't firmly in the closet!
    Got: double snakebites|central lip|labret|1.6mm and 5mm tongue|philtrum|angel bites|smiley|septum|3 pairs nostrils|3 pairs eyebrows|bridge|15 & 16 (l&r) lobe/cartilage, rook, 2x tragus, 3x forward helix, conch (both ears symmetrical)|3x navel (74 holes in total)Want: Everything, slowly building up my piercings over time.Next up: venoms; maybe something genital

No worries Yv,
    Hope you find what want & need and maybe a little happiness thrown in for good measure.
    Rgdz
    Rich

Piercings:
    Left Ear: 0g (8mm) & 2g (6mm) tunnels in lobe
    Right Ear: 10g (2.4mm) BCR in helix cartilage
    Left Nipple: 6g (4mm) Chunk BCR horizontal
    Right Nipple: 10g (2.4mm) barbell vertical
    Navel: 10g (2.4mm) BCR
    PA: 2g (6mm) BCR
    Lorum: 8g (3.2mm) BCR
    Hafada: 2x 8g (3.2mm) BCR

Tattoos:
    Left Arm: Tiki Island and Marine Life Sleeve
    Right Arm: Cosmic Space Sleeve
    Right Lower Leg: Aztec inspired 'Quetzalcoatl' Feathered Serpent

Yeah it really seems like all people nowadays can do is look for the smallest thing you say and take it completely out of context. Especially when they're sitting behind a pc and they don't actually have to face you.
    Like TikiMan said, easier said than done but don't pay attention to them.

I have learned over the last years not to care anymore what others say and do. And if they do try and "correct" me or blame me for stuff then I just very not kindly tell them to go. Normally I try to be nice to others but I just have zero patience for people like that.
    Hey I'm Patrick. Or call me Chris, both are fine.
    Current piercings: ~ Septum 5 mm ~ Philtrum 7 mm ~ Snakebites 1,6 mm ~ Tongue 14g x 6, 2 mm x 2, 4 mm x 1
    ~ Snake eyes 14g x 2 ~ Smiley 16g ~ Frowny 16g ~ Industrial (1xL + 2xR) 14g ~ 8 mm conch punch ~ Helix R 14g

Tattoos: Really lost the count by now..
    Want:
    Tattoos; Two half sleeves and a huge back piece and chest piece.
    Piercings; Left industrial. Eyebrow

There are idiots in all walks of life on and offline. They're best ignored but I understand it's easy to get upset by such people.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Honestly i feel the same way about most subjects, you're not alone. It seems like the world needs to be watered down for people.
    Current Piercings:
    First lobes - Done between the ages 7 and 9.
    Second lobes - Done 5.05.18.
    Third lobes - Done 29.03.17.
    Fourth lobes - Done 06.03.18.
    Helix (left ear) - Done 13.05.17.
    Nostril Piercing (left only) - Done 16.04.12.
    Tongue - Done 11.04.19

Piercing Plans:
    Triple forward helix < still working on this idea.
    Naval - possibly in the future.