Thread: Is my tragus too close to the edge?

Default Is my tragus too close to the edge?

On the front it looks fine, but the back ball(which is a pretty small ball) is right on the edge it feels like?

imgur.com/KeGRJOc

imgur.com/ZnarFBf
    Last edited by xopiercingsxo; 12-26-2018 at 06:07 AM.

Sorry xopiercingsxo,
    Your links are for your local drive so pix cannot be viewed. I'm sure one of the moderators will be able to advise.
    Rgdz
    Rich

Piercings:
    Left Ear: 0g (8mm) & 2g (6mm) tunnels in lobe
    Right Ear: 12g (2mm) Segment in scapha/helix cartilage
    Left Nipple: 6g {4mm) circular barbell
    PA: 4g (5mm) Chunk BCR
    Lorum: 14g (1.6mm) BCR
    Hafada: 2x 14g (1.6mm) BCR

Tattoos:
    Left Arm: Tiki Island and Marine Life Sleeve
    Right Arm: Cosmic Space Sleeve
    Right Lower Leg: Aztec inspired 'Quetzalcoatl' Feathered Serpent

Upload to imgur or similar and post with the www and/or http part missing off.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 6mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

thank you! i figured it out now lol

Hard to tell as the photos are pretty poor quality.
    It does look like it has been pierced too close to the edge of your tragus at the back.
    It should go straight through from front to back. Anatomy might necessitate it being a little at an angle.

Better photos or some measurements and we can say for sure.
    Got: double snakebites|central lip|labret|1.6mm and 5mm tongue|philtrum|angel bites|smiley|septum|3 pairs nostrils|3 pairs eyebrows|bridge|15 & 16 (l&r) lobe/cartilage, rook, 2x tragus, 3x forward helix, conch (both ears symmetrical)|3x navel (74 holes in total)Want: Everything, slowly building up my piercings over time.Next up: venoms; maybe something genital

The angle looks odd but that might just be the low res photo or the angle of the camera.

The jewellery is way way too long though. I suggest you go see a very good piercer for a second opinion.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 6mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I agree with Yv's & Boo's responses above.
    How recent is the piercing?
    Have you been back to have a chat with your piercer about your concerns as any pro should be happy to advise on their work and check the health of the site too?
    If it is slightly askew and so long as it heals without any problems then it may lend itself nicely to a ring. Personally I think that could look pretty cool but it's how you feel that counts
    Rgdz
    Rich

Piercings:

Tattoos:
    Right Lower Leg: Aztec inspired 'Quetzalcoatl' Feathered Serpent

I got it just 2 weeks ago. And yeah, I need a new phone seeing as it doesn't take good quality pictures(I hate that, seeing as I am a photographer). When I put the ball to the back of my tragus(when I move it through), it feels like its in the middle but yet its so close to the edge. Maybe I just got a small tragus?

Personally, I would pop back to your piercer or, like Boo said above, seek a second opinion.
    My piercer asks us to go back for a check up after 2 weeks as part of her service.
    Try not to move it unnecessarily too. Just stick to good aftercare procedures.
    Rgdz
    Rich

Piercings:

Tattoos: