Thread: I don't know what has gone wrong. :(

Default I don't know what has gone wrong. :(

Hi, My tattoo artist left and I found another one and had a tattoo done on Thursday. I don't know what has happened but, it is "Hell". I haven't been tattooed for around six months. The last one was quite a big one on my leg that I couldn't walk properly for just over three weeks - it swelled a little. None of my arm ones have ever looked swollen etc..... The new tattoo is on the outer arm. The tattoo top is nearer to one side near the ditch. When it was nearly fished it was that swollen it looked deformed. It is only going down now and I had trouble to move it and still do. I still have shooting pains going up my arm and it can really burn and sting.

I told my mum tonight how bad it was getting. I was expecting not much sympathy. I was wrong and was even offered her Cornetto. lol... Bless! (It must be bad).

Oh, the artist hardly sprayed my tattoo down. Usually they spray my tattoos and they feel really cold and great for a minute. I notice that they used was quite a lot of Vaseline instead to stop the bleeding.

I am under the Fibro/ME/CFS umbrella and after a tattoo I feel wonderful for around three weeks. But, I feel like pants with this one. Some days I could sit here and cry!

Could my body have had enough of tattoo's?
    Last edited by Mazzy; 12-17-2018 at 08:58 PM.
    Left side - Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, Helix, Rook, Lower Conch and Double Tragus (sadly the bottom one has migrated).

Right side -Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, "Paw" print piercing on the flat of my ear, Tragus, Nostril, Helix and Eyebrow. "Shen Men" piercing, Triple Forward Helix.

Retired - Right Eyebrow's x2.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

It's possible. It's hard for us with FMS/CFS etc as we can so easily blame things on it and sometimes we're right but we can also be wrong. It could be a reaction to the ink, to vaseline, to some other product they are using.

What does your artist think?
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Hi Mazzy,
    Sounds rough :(
    Some areas like the ditch and near it are particularly sensitive. Is the tatt colour or B&G?
    So many factors effect body responses. Artist, ink, rotary or coil machines cause different traumas, health & nutrition and aftercare to name but a few. Sometimes the body just says "no" but with care you'll get through it.
    If it's really concerning you then Boo's right.... What does your artist say?

Hope it calms down soon so you can feel good about your new art

Thank you both very much for your help and advice. I really honestly do not know what went wrong there. I ended up on painkillers as the day I had originally written this thread was so bad. I have never felt that bad before with an arm tattoo. (I have been very lucky until now). I can see why another tattooist at one time refused to go near the ditch! You must be really brave to have that done. After that things slowly very gladly started to get better. It was a colour tattoo and done with a rotary. I didn't go back to my tattoo artist as he is not local and it improved. I didn't want to look like a right wally either in case it was my illness doing it.

The real laugh about this - The colour in it is one of the best ones I have ever had done. I love the tattoo very glad to say now.
    Last edited by Mazzy; 12-21-2018 at 02:21 PM.
    Left side - Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, Helix, Rook, Lower Conch and Double Tragus (sadly the bottom one has migrated).

Right side -Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, "Paw" print piercing on the flat of my ear, Tragus, Nostril, Helix and Eyebrow. "Shen Men" piercing, Triple Forward Helix.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Thumbs up

That's good news Mazzy,
    I think rotary machines punch the ink in and cause more initial trauma but after the first 3-4 days things settle down and heal up quicker. Colours like reds & greens tend to be fairly common colours for sensitivity issues but again everyone is different. Ditches are sensitive, liable to be sore and they bend.
    Although I appreciate all tatt styles, I am partial to colour so I'm really pleased to hear that you've got a tattoo you love. Be great to share a pic of it when it's finished the dreaded itch & flake

I'm glad it improved but you should always try and keep the lines of communication with your artist open, they are there to answer questions you have and if they won't then they're not a good artist.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Boo View Post
    I'm glad it improved but you should always try and keep the lines of communication with your artist open, they are there to answer questions you have and if they won't then they're not a good artist.
    Yes, will do Boo. Thankfully it is all healed up now.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Quote Originally Posted by TikiMan View Post
    That's good news Mazzy,
    I think rotary machines punch the ink in and cause more initial trauma but after the first 3-4 days things settle down and heal up quicker. Colours like reds & greens tend to be fairly common colours for sensitivity issues but again everyone is different. Ditches are sensitive, liable to be sore and they bend.
    Although I appreciate all tatt styles, I am partial to colour so I'm really pleased to hear that you've got a tattoo you love. Be great to share a pic of it when it's finished the dreaded itch & flake
    It is all settled down now very glad to say. I did have me worried at the time - perhaps I should have been more patient with it. I have posted a picture in the "Tattoo show off" section of this forum. You are like me with colour (the more colourful the better) and your sleeves look fab! I am pleased with my tattoo as the colour is really good in it. I have had a couple of tattoo's from another artist that look really dull.
    Last edited by Mazzy; 01-06-2019 at 11:26 AM.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Thank you for your help and advice.

Quite a few Tattoo's.