Thread: Trainee piercer here, very confused :-/

Exclamation Trainee piercer here, very confused :-/

Hi everyone
    Trainee piercer here, I’m starting to work on customers and I had one who wanted both sides of her navel pierced. She already had her bottom done and wanted horizontal piercings on the side. This was no problem and the piercings looked fantastic afterwards. My friend loved them so much that she wanted me to pierce her belly but the needle just wasn’t going through as much pressure as I put on it. Is this because I needed to pinch less skin in the forceps to make it thinner? I wasn’t clamping up much at all. Why were those needles refusing to go through at all costs? I’ve watched countless videos today and I just can’t see what I was doing wrong?

Surely your mentor can assist you with this? We don't really get professionals on here often. You may want to network with other piercers to have a chat with them.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Boo View Post
    Surely your mentor can assist you with this? We don't really get professionals on here often. You may want to network with other piercers to have a chat with them.
    Hi, thank you for taking the time to respond. No mentor around at the time, I was feeling pretty confident. Obviously I terminated the procedure. I will have a chat with my mentor when hes recovered from the seasonal cold

You're more than welcome and sorry I can't be any more help. Without being there or knowing how you were trained etc it's not an easy one to answer anyway! Hope he's better soon
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I'd be curious to know what the answer was to this one.

Also, it would be great to get some action on the professional piercers' part of the forums
    Got: double snakebites|central lip|labret|1.6mm and 5mm tongue|philtrum|angel bites|smiley|septum|3 pairs nostrils|3 pairs eyebrows|bridge|15 & 16 (l&r) lobe/cartilage, rook, 2x tragus, 3x forward helix, conch (both ears symmetrical)|3x navel (74 holes in total)Want: Everything, slowly building up my piercings over time.Next up: venoms; maybe something genital