Thread: Tongue web piercing, maybe?

Default Tongue web piercing, maybe?

I'm thinking of getting a tongue web piercing; discreet and avoids the hassle of a normal tongue piercing.

Any tips, hints or experiences? Does it swell, change your speech at all? The piercer suggests a short curved barbell (banana shaped) either 1.2 or 1.6mm and to me this sounds about right. Any views? Thanks in advance....

Later: had my 6 monthly visit with the hygienist. I was going to ask her about tongue web piercings, just to see if there was anything from her to consider. Then, just as she started to scale my teeth, the tip of her instrument came off and she panicked that I had swallowed it and whether they should send me to A&E. I hadn't swallowed it but it stopped the conversation before it even started!

So keen to hear any views, experiences etc....
    Last edited by mat; 11-25-2018 at 02:58 PM. Reason: Added hygienist bit
    Piercings: navel, septum
    Retired piercings: PA (had for 10+ years), nipples (had for 5 years)

I called the piercer who says it's normal and no need to worry.

I have a curved barbell which I quite like but I know some people have small CBRs. I just wonder if a ring would be nicer, i'm just not too sure but all good so far (apart from the white blobby bits).

Still interested to hear experiences from anyone who is further ahead with a tongue web piercing...
    Piercings: navel, septum
    Retired piercings: PA (had for 10+ years), nipples (had for 5 years)

It's pretty common from what I've seen/read on here, it will settle eventually.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<