Thread: Industrial Piercing Advice

Default Industrial Piercing Advice

Hi guys, hoping for a quick bit of advice from you lovely lot!

I had an industrial piercing done on my left ear around 5 weeks ago. I'm well aware this is nowhere near how long it needs to heal so don't worry it's not one of those questions!

My ear swelled slightly a couple of days in but calmed down very quickly. I was following the aftercare advice from my piercer (clean twice a day with cotton buds / q-tips and sterline saline solution). I am getting slight discharge from both peircings, not helped by getting them caught on my hair and also my baby grabbing my ear at one point when winding him, ouch!!! The front piercing has also bled a little in the past day or 2.

I say I "was" following the piercers advice because I in the past week I have increased the number of cleanings a day to 3. The piercings are not sore unless I catch them by accident.

Do I just keep up the aftercare and be patient or is there more I should be doing? I know advice might be "go see your piercer" but I am reluctant at the minute as a friend of mine went in with an aftercare question and he was extremely rude to her despite having a really good reputation and being really friendly at the actual piercing appointment.

Thanks!!

Nope, you're doing fine, tbh a rinse in the shower daily is also fine but if you want to wipe over gently with saline that's fine too but only 1-2 times a day. Less is often more with piercings and as you say you're in it for the long haul, possibly 12-18 months of it flaring up/down. I'm also sorry to hear about the piercer being rude, maybe consider someone else in future.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<