Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New vertical labret

Default New vertical labret

Yesterday I just couldn't help myself. I went and had my vertical industrial looked at and walked out with vertical labret. Pretty straight foreward piercing. The top placement I was able to move but the bottom placement was all his choice. I just went with the basic silver jewelry. He said that it shouldn't swell too much since it's not a "oral" piercing. I noticed some swelling in the top of my bottom lip and just some general soreness. He told me to clean the piercing with saline would wash 1-2 times a day but no more then 3. I feel like my lips are chapped so I'm applying some chapstick to my lips but avoiding the actual piercing. I'll post a picture when I can.
    Left ear: 4 Lobe piercings, 2 Cartilage, Conch, Double Forward Helix, Antitragus and Vertical Industrial
    Right ear: 3 Lobe piercings, Auricle, Helix, Conch x2, Snug and Forward helix
    Facial: Double Lower and Upper Nostril, Septum, Vertical labret and Philtrum
    Want: Everything
    Retired: Naval x2, Right Nostril, Anti-Tragus, double high nostrils and multiple lobe/Auricle piercings
    Tattoos: None but I want some.

Sounds great"
    Got: double snakebites|central lip|labret|1.6mm and 5mm tongue|philtrum|angel bites|smiley|septum|3 pairs nostrils|3 pairs eyebrows|bridge|15 & 16 (l&r) lobe/cartilage, rook, 2x tragus, 3x forward helix, conch (both ears symmetrical)|3x navel (74 holes in total)Want: Everything, slowly building up my piercings over time.Next up: venoms; maybe something genital

No actual pain but their is a overall soreness. Like I've had my lips puckers for a very, very long time. No bleeding since the original piercing itself. I was really expecting longer post for swelling. But there is very little wiggle room. But he said their is little swelling involved with this type of piercing. I have again some small amount of swelling on the top of my bottom lips almost were my inner lip starts. Again just a general feeling of dryness. Ive been taking some Ibuprofen to help with any pain and swelling. No crusty or gooey discharge. No issues with eating or drinking. Also had a few jewelry changes with my septum and philtrum.

Left ear: 4 Lobe piercings, 2 Cartilage, Conch, Double Forward Helix, Antitragus and Vertical Industrial
    Retired: Naval x2, Right Nostril, Anti-Tragus, double high nostrils and multiple lobe/Auricle piercings

I've eaten food between getting the piercing done and now but it hurt to eat my dinner tonight. Me and my brother went and got fast food for dinner before I had to go to work and it was painful trying to eat my burger. It was the pressure of biting into the burger put pressure on the piercing causing the pain.

My lip is still a little swollen and the skin around upper ball is dry and peeling. It's hard to "remove" the dry skin cause it causes pain with the piercing. No issues with using utensils to eat. Biting down into food is uncomfortable becuase its put pressure on the piercing. But it really is no different from when I had the Ashley piercing.

i know its only been a few days since the piercing but I'm ready for it to stop hurting already. Had difficulty eating my dinner, which was a burrito. Again that pressure in the bottom lip. It is different from my Ashley piercing i had. I can't just use my teeth to bite down cause moving the mouth in different directions pulls of different ends of the piercing. There are times I'm afraid I'm going to rip the bottom hole. Plus the top ball is "rubbing" on my lip and its just sore/tender. But that I'm sure can also be contributed to the piercing injury and any swelling. But other then the general soreness and biting into food difficult I like it.

Gooey and crusts are starting to develope around the piercing. I'm just not sure if I need a longer jewelry. I think I tend to swell. The top ball is leaving a indent on my upper lip and the bottom jewelry just pulls a lot. Also around the piercing looks slightly raised and red. Not like I angry res but possible irritation. Not sure if I should give it some time for more swelling to go down or go see my piercer.

Sorry, in advance this reply may not be great as I am on my tablet. I “think” your piercing may be more irriated than infected. I am no expert though. You should see your piercer for a longer bar. My Double Tragus is very unhappy a bit gooey, red and swollen. I found lowering my piercing on to a frozen bag of peas helped last night. The frozen peas were wrapped in a t shirt and not directly on to the skin etc.. Please let us know how you got on.
    Left side - Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, Helix, Rook, Lower Conch and Double Tragus (sadly the bottom one has migrated).

Right side -Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, "Paw" print piercing on the flat of my ear, Tragus, Nostril, Helix and Eyebrow. "Shen Men" piercing, Triple Forward Helix.

Retired - Right Eyebrow's x2.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

I'm sure its irritated. I think tomorrow I'll go see my piercer and ask about it. I know I'm a paranoid person when it comes to piercings. All they call tell me is that's fiit's fine. Sorry about your double tragus. I've been planning my project for my right ear and I'm thinking of a conch to helix orbital. Some piercings look good but when healing starts it's a bitch and you almost regret it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brit Renee View Post
    I'm sure its irritated. I think tomorrow I'll go see my piercer and ask about it. I know I'm a paranoid person when it comes to piercings. All they call tell me is that's fiit's fine. Sorry about your double tragus. I've been planning my project for my right ear and I'm thinking of a conch to helix orbital. Some piercings look good but when healing starts it's a bitch and you almost regret it.
    Hope you went to see your piercer in the end. I am the same as you about piercings. As soon as it goes red/swollen I think of an infection straight away. You may just need a long bar to help with the swelling for a little while. Thank you for understanding it is about the same here. I am going to see my piercer tomorrow as I am convinced I need longer posts as it is swelling up. Your new piercing ideas sound good. I would wait a little while though. I agree about some piercings look good but when healing starts it's a bitch lol.... and yes - you almost regret it! I will be very glad when it stops swelling.
    Left side - Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, Helix, Rook, Lower Conch and Double Tragus (sadly the bottom one has migrated).

Right side -Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, "Paw" print piercing on the flat of my ear, Tragus, Nostril, Helix and Eyebrow. "Shen Men" piercing, Triple Forward Helix.

Retired - Right Eyebrow's x2.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast