Thread: Old stretched lobes suddenly swollen and oozing

Default Old stretched lobes suddenly swollen and oozing

My ears have been at 14mm for months, maybe even years, like literally a really good amount of time. I bought some woooden plugs a while ago (from a reputable stockist) and although I wore them fine when I first bought them I wore them at the start of this week and they got quite itchy and a bit sore so I took them out and put my glass ones back in (I usually wear stone, glass or wood). Now it’s 3 days later and they’re swollen, itchy and constantly leaking lymph. No pain at all, but so much lymph they are always ‘wet’ and I don’t know how to fix it.

Have been taking ibuprofen and antihistamines, icing them, cleaning them in the shower with just water and with saline spray after the shower, makes no difference.

Advice please!
    Hi I'm Sam

Metal; 1mm nostril
    1.2mm- 3x L lobes, 1x R lobe, 2x R helix, septum, faux rook, faux snug, outer conch
    1.6mm- L conch, tongue, navel
    14mm lobes
    Stomach dermal
    Mods; Breast enlargement, lip fillers, semi-permanent eyebrows
    Ink; 70 hours in total
    Retired: Lots 😣

Try leaving them alone to heal, sounds like they had a reaction to the wood. Rinse in the shower and leave.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

UK Jewellery Network