Thread: Jewellery removal for surgery & navel irritation

Default Jewellery removal for surgery & navel irritation

Hi Guys,

I need to remove my navel and VCH jewellery for a laparoscopy, and not allowed to put in a plastic retainer. Does anyone know how soon these piercings would close up? I’ve had my VCH for several years and the navel for 18 months. I probably be able to put the navel in soon afterwards, but the VCH may become a little tricky, especially if the surgery may become a proper abdominal incision and I stay in for a few days.

Also, I’ve had my navel pierced twice before in more or less in the same position with both retired due to misplacement and rejection. Now, even though the new one is now completely healed after 18 months, where the previous hole was just above the bottom hole of the new one, it is a little irritated. It’s been feeling a little sore for a couple of weeks now, so for the past week I’ve being doing salt baths occasionally, which has eased the soreness, but it still a little red and flakey. It’s looks as if the retired hole is going through the same healing process all over again after being retired. Is it possible where the new fistula is now for the current piercing, is interfering with the old fistula? I’ve also been off my feet for the past 8 weeks due to a broken foot. Could sitting down a lot be also causing this? Thanks.

BTW, Hi Hazel, How are you? It’s been a while since I’ve been on the forum, I’ve noticed!!
    Last edited by Jools1969; 09-18-2018 at 09:59 AM.
    4 lobes in each ear
    1 right tragus
    1 right helix
    1 left nose
    1 right & 1 left nipples
    1 VCH
    1 right rook
    1 right inner conch
    1 floating navel
    1 left daith

Retired: left tragus, 2 lobes in each ear, left nipple, 2x navel

Want: 1 vertical tongue, 1 Madonna, HCH,

They may stay open or just need to be tapered open, it's hard to know how bodies will react really. It's hard to know also what's causing your navel to flare up but if you've been healing a broken foot then this could be part of it along with the sitting.

Also hi, it's nice to see you again and so sorry to hear about your foot, how is it healing for you? I've been ok, lot of health problems that are still needing investigation, an appt tomorrow may reveal some answers and to boot I've had a virus that's turned into bronchitis but at least it started as I got back from holiday haha!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

UK Jewellery Network

Hi, Thanks. I’m hoping to put in the jewellery ASAP after surgery, so I’m hoping it won’t start to close. After having 2 previous attempts having it done and now that the third attempt seems to be ok, I don’t want to lose it! The VCH, I’m hoping I’ve had it long enough to remain open for a while. But I’m of the mindset if they close, I can always have it done again.

Sorry to hear about your health problems Hazel. I hope you get better soon. It is a bummer when your health gets in the way of your life, but it has to come first.

I have a Jones fracture of the fifth metatarsal, which happened on the first day of the summer holidays. My left foot just slipped off the edge of a slightly raise flagstone at a friend’s and my foot wobble. It’s taken about 8 weeks to heal, but I’m left with smelling and bruising now. They have been really good at the hospital. I only ditched the crutches yesterday and trying to use it to help with the healing. It doesn’t hurt any more, but it’s getting back to normal after being off my feet for so long.

It’s come at the wrong time with other issues: my 10 year old dog dying (he was on borrowed time anyway); my mum in Australia going through cataract surgery in one eye and left blurry, breaking her leg and ending up with blood clots. I’ve had further hospital visits with finding cells through screening and after 2 bouts of treatment, I’ve been advised to have this operation. Hey ho, next year can only get better!
    4 lobes in each ear
    1 right tragus
    1 right helix
    1 left nose
    1 right & 1 left nipples
    1 VCH
    1 right rook
    1 right inner conch
    1 floating navel
    1 left daith

Oh goodness, you have a lot going on as well. Sending positive vibes to ya! So sorry to hear about your dog too and hope mum is on the mend also. <3
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

UK Jewellery Network

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    Oh goodness, you have a lot going on as well. Sending positive vibes to ya! So sorry to hear about your dog too and hope mum is on the mend also. <3
    Thanks Hazel.
    4 lobes in each ear
    1 right tragus
    1 right helix
    1 left nose
    1 right & 1 left nipples
    1 VCH
    1 right rook
    1 right inner conch
    1 floating navel
    1 left daith

Iíve had my op almost a week ago and all went well. Luckily, he managed to do it laparoscopically and I went home the next day. I managed to keep in all my ear cartilage piercings (although had them taped and told them how many) and replaced my nipples to plastic retainers. He almost made me laugh as I was about to be wheeled into theatre; he wanted to double check that the navel and VCH had been removed by saying, Ďdidnít want to find any surprises down thereí!

Yesterday, I plucked up the courage to put in my VCH jewellery without any trouble, but the navel I havenít managed to do. Iím full of gas at the moment and my belly is quite bloated, thus stretching the fistula. So I think it might be easier with a taper, but not comfortable enough to journey to my piercer yet, plus I donít want the incision scar to be compromised whilst itís healing with the jewellery pressing on it. Perhaps next week or so, but the end of the fistula that had been irritated does looked like itís closed a little. Would a piercer be able to reopen this without having to repierce it again?
    4 lobes in each ear
    1 right tragus
    1 right helix
    1 left nose
    1 right & 1 left nipples
    1 VCH
    1 right rook
    1 right inner conch
    1 floating navel
    1 left daith

I'm so glad everything went well. A piercer may well be able to taper it open. Fingers crossed for you xx

UK Jewellery Network