Thread: New nose piercing with bump

Default New nose piercing with bump

Hi guys,
    I would appreciate some help and advice please. My nose piercing is almost 5 weeks old and all was going great until about 5 days ago. I noticed a little bump forming around the piercing. I kept cleaning it with the solution the piercer gave me, however, it has continued to bleed and puss. Iíve been doing warm saline compresses twice a day. Things seem to be improving ever so slightly. Can anyone give me any advice on what else I can do or if Iím doing something wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by plush_pink View Post
    Hi guys,
    I would appreciate some help and advice please. My nose piercing is almost 5 weeks old and all was going great until about 5 days ago. I noticed a little bump forming around the piercing. I kept cleaning it with the solution the piercer gave me, however, it has continued to bleed and puss. I’ve been doing warm saline compresses twice a day. Things seem to be improving ever so slightly. Can anyone give me any advice on what else I can do or if I’m doing something wrong?

I would stop using the solution your piercer gave to you. - Only one solution out of a load of them has ever worked for me. Some have even burned my ears in the past. Do you find using the sea salt soaks help at all? They don't do much for me at all. Warm shower rinses I find very helpful. I would keep an eye on the pus thing as you may have to go to see your G.P as it may be an infection. Can anyone else on here advise/help a bit more?
    Left side - Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, Helix, Rook and Lower Conch.

Right side -Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, "Paw" piercing towards the top of my ear, Tragus, Nostril, Helix and sadly retired Eyebrow. Re-pierced now next to the old one.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

What jewellery do you have in? Is it implant grade titanium and a stud rather than a ring? It sounds really irritated.
    Caro

I'd stop using the solution and and LITHA - (leave it the hell alone) and see how it goes.
    I'm also an advocate for warm shower rinses.

Unlikely to be infected, if it gets a lot worse then you could see your GP but a bit of pus is to be expected.

Sounds like you've just done something that has upset it. Piercings are fickle!
    Got: double snakebites|central lip|labret|2x centre tongue|philtrum|angel bites|smiley|septum|3 pairs nostrils|3 pairs eyebrows|bridge|15 & 16 (l&r) lobe/cartilage, rook, 2x tragus, 2x forward helix, conch (both ears symmetrical)|3x navel (72 holes in total)Want: Everything, slowly building up my piercings over time.Next up: venoms; maybe something genital