Thread: Why can't my ear handle a steel crescent?

Default Why can't my ear handle a steel crescent?

So last year i stretched both of my lobes to 6mm and it stayed that size since then. I had several plugs, tunnels and spirals and none of them caused a problem.

However recently i bought a stainless steel crescent and after having it in for a day or two my ear gets al fussy and start to hurt. My next lobe piercing is quite close (that was my reason for stretching in the first place because i couldn't put in studs that looked good) and it usually gets a little painful and crusts up (i had it for about 7 or 8 years). It doesn't feel heavy at all but my ear still gets a little painful when i put that crescent in.
    However i have a same sized crescent made of Acrylic (it just doesn't look as nice) and i have absolutely no problem with it. I also had a stainless steel tunnel and also had no problems with it.
    What could be wrong my steel crescent that my ear hates it so much?

Possibly developed a nickel allergy there it may have more nickel than the tunnel. Or if it's low quality it could have some mystery metal that's annoying your ear. Is it heavy? Weight can cause problems too. Are you sure it's 6mm and not 6.5 or 7?
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

UK Jewellery Network

I neve really had a problem with nickel, not even with crappy fashion earrings off aliexpress (my tunnels were from there also) It's heavier than my acrylic one but nothing that bothers me however i'm not sure about the weight, it doesn't really feel heavy for me to notice, like i can feel some weight when i put it in but it goes away quckly. The widest point is 5.95mm so that's also out of the question.
    I wouldn't really care and just use the acrylic one but compared to the steel it looks just chunky and dull so i'm also considering other materials to try.

Areas of the body can develop a nickel allergy over time, it can happen to anyone in any spot of the body. Just something to keep in mind

Other than that there could be a 100 reasons why but bodies just sometimes like to act up sometimes and we never know the reason.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

UK Jewellery Network

God damn it my body already hates piercing rings i don't need anymore of its sass.
    I noticed however they have slightly different silicone rings, the acrylic one's are shinier and thinner so i switched them up to see what happens, it could be that the ring is irritating the earring above it (tragus jewelry with a ball on the back).
    Or if not i might try a few other materials, namely buffalo horns, they look really nice and is probably lighter.
    Or in the worst case i will stick to acryl.

The o-rings could well be the culprit as well. Hope it settles down for you soon.

UK Jewellery Network

So i've been wearing my crescent with the other rings for about a month and... nothing, didn't hurt at all.
    But since i got tired of my second lobe piercing being really low i got it re-pierced so now it's further away anyway.