Thread: Nipple piercing safety.

Default Nipple piercing safety.

Hey there, i gotten my nipples pierced about 2 months ago (i think) and i realized i wasn't prepared to how much they can get caught in things.
    It's not clothes but mostly friction, for example when i'm drying myself off and my arm just kinda drags the piercing with itself if i accidently move it too close.
    What kind of jewelry would you recommend to reduce this as much as possible?
    Currently i have a 10mm 1.2mm bar (my piercer has a thing for 1.2s and since my nipples are quite small the 10mm is perfectly long for them) with 4mm balls made of black stainless steel (is all black steel PVD coated btw?).
    I started with 3mm balls but figured they can get caught more easily because they are "pointier" but the bigger ones have more areas for friction... i think... also, should i switch to for example regular surgical steel/titanium or the black one has about the same level of friction?

Honestly, I think time is going to be your friend here. Give it another 2-3 months and see how you feel then. As for jewellery material you only want to be using implant grade titanium or implant grade steel.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

UK Jewellery Network

Okay thank you
    I don't want to take them out even if they are a pain in the ass, the ones i have in currently were called 316L surgical steel (i never really seen any other kind of steel in piercing shops to be honest) but i'm thinking about switching to titanium.

I took mine out after almost a year because I just caught them on everything, sigh. Don't give up just yet though. Titanium is lighter than steel so you may prefer it.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

UK Jewellery Network

Okay, also, using different sized balls can make it easier?

It might help you, you'll just have to try different things out. What works for one person won't work for another.

UK Jewellery Network

Okay thank you again, i'll get a pair of titanium bars then and some balls with different size/material to see what works out.

I haven't had my nipples pierced (not brave enough!). But, you mentioned about getting caught when you are drying yourself. - Could you just pat around the area and use a hairdryer to dry yourself properly? I have to do this as I have got a quite few ear piercings and have to be careful as I have caught them and an eyebrow piercing many times.
    Left side - Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, Helix, Rook and Lower Conch.

Right side -Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, "Paw" piercing towards the top of my ear, Tragus, Nostril, Helix and sadly retired Eyebrow. Re-pierced now next to the old one.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazzy View Post
    I haven't had my nipples pierced (not brave enough!). But, you mentioned about getting caught when you are drying yourself. - Could you just pat around the area and use a hairdryer to dry yourself properly? I have to do this as I have got a quite few ear piercings and have to be careful as I have caught them and an eyebrow piercing many times.
    My nipple piercing is still fairly new (coming up to 3 months old), and I've always avoided drying that particular boob (left) with my towel, I use a fresh tissue to dab it instead. I figure my towel has been used on other parts of my body and may not therefore be sterile.
    The piercing has been fairly settled since about a month in. I'm conscious of not carrying things under my left arm though, I've only just realised how much I did that!

It's like a lot of piercings, you have to adjust how you do things. Like when I started wearing glasses to drive recently - didn't realise how often I rubbed an eye before....took a while to remember that I can't rub my eye through the lens and have to go in from the side.

Anyway!

Towel drying was something I had to alter. Same with putting a seat belt on (I'm back to driving again lol). Nipple rings, no bra and putting a seat belt on can be painful until you learn a new way to put it on!
    Piercings:
    Nose, tongue, navel, both nipples horizontally, VCH, septum

Tattoos:
    Line of butterflies from lower belly round onto back and up to my shoulder, garter tatt on left thigh.