Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Septum or Nostril

Quote Originally Posted by ChescaCat View Post
    So I am planning on getting a piercing for my 19th birthday with some extra money from house sitting. The only issue is I am torn on what to get. Nostril piercings are mainstream and accepted, but a simple septum hoop is so pretty. The issue comes in with my career path, I am going into youth work and possibly youth ministry. My service practicum is at a church, and while I would hope they would be accepting I am worried about having anything too obvious on my face as many elders are still conservative. I could forget about the hoop and just flip up the horseshoe, but I have always prefered hoops.

What is the smallest guage a septum could be pierced at and can they heal with a hoop? Also how well are septums recieved in more conservative atmospheres?
    Next what is a good size for a nostril to be visible but not obvious?
    I am not worried about them in general as Vancouver is a very liberal city, I just want to make sure whatever I get can be hidden or at the very least made less noticable in more conservative enviornments.
    I always wonder what a hoop looks like in your nostril- the jewelry always looks so big...

Quote Originally Posted by cutenappygrl View Post
    I always wonder what a hoop looks like in your nostril- the jewelry always looks so big...
    This often happens when initial consultation with a piercer is poor. Many people start off with a stud/bar for a nostril piercing and never discuss whether they will want a ring in there in the future. Therefore it's usually pierced so high up that the only option is for a large gauge ring of 10mm or so or more which is going to look big.

I can fit a neat 6mm or 7mm ring in mine as it was done further out as I wanted the option for both kinds of jewellery.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Boo View Post
    This often happens when initial consultation with a piercer is poor. Many people start off with a stud/bar for a nostril piercing and never discuss whether they will want a ring in there in the future. Therefore it's usually pierced so high up that the only option is for a large gauge ring of 10mm or so or more which is going to look big.

I can fit a neat 6mm or 7mm ring in mine as it was done further out as I wanted the option for both kinds of jewellery.
    Defo need to consider this. I know when I got my nose pierced I only ever imagined wearing a tiny stud and never considered I might want to put a hoop in. Fortunately I can wear a hoop in mine okay as it wasn't pierced too high but it's definitely something to consider and discuss woth your piercer.
    Piercings:
    Nose, tongue, navel, both nipples horizontally, VCH, septum

Tattoos:
    Line of butterflies from lower belly round onto back and up to my shoulder, garter tatt on left thigh.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12