Thread: New piercing acting up.

Default New piercing acting up.

About 20 days ago I got a foreward helix and a lobe/cartilage piercings. I think I neglected my lobe/cartilage piercing more then the foreward helix. Not a whole lot of discomfort in the foreward helix but the other one has been very bothersome. The piercings is in the place where the lobe is starting to turn into cartilage so I call it no means land cause it is both lobe and cartilage.

It's been super sore. The back of the piercings has been bleeding when I clean it. I also feel like my ear is swollen but it's the same ear with my 2 month old vertical labret that's having bump issues. I've been cleaning with with SSS and using wound cleaner/normal saline whi my piercer recommends. Should I try using appropriate soap to clean with? Or am I just being paranoid again regarding my piercings?!?!
    Left ear: 4 Lobe piercings, Auricle, Helix, Conch, Double Forward Helix and Vertical Industrial
    Right ear: 3 Lobe piercings, Auricle, Helix, Conch x2 and Forward helix
    Facial: Left nostril, Right nostril Septum, and Philtrum
    Want: 4th Lobe, 2nd Foreward Helix, Tragus and Anti-Tragus
    Retired: Naval x2, Right Nostril, Anti-Tragus, and multiple lobe/Auricle piercings
    Tattoos: None but I want some.

You have a lot healing at once so it's probably going to slow things down, time is going to be the main thing here. You could use soap but it won't really speed anything up.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

UK Jewellery Network

I am going through the same as you at the moment Brit Renee. I think I have had too many piercings in the last year. One of mine is the same as your's - lobe possibly going in to cartilage. It has been such a pain. The only things that help is to have a long warm shower rinse and when it really does play up SSS.

I read in another post you are thinking of more piercings - not sure if now or the future etc... Please leave them for now - like Hazel says you have a lot healing at once. The best comes to those who wait! Even my piercer won't let me have anymore done now until the rest have healed.
    Last edited by Mazzy; 08-07-2018 at 10:34 AM.
    Left side - Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, Helix, Rook and Lower Conch.

Right side -Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, "Paw" piercing towards the top of my ear, Tragus, Nostril, Helix and sadly retired Eyebrow. Re-pierced now next to the old one.

Quite a few Tattoo's.