Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: One year old helix

Default One year old helix

So my double helix is a year old almost now

its still gettjng regular crusties but it doesnít hurt at all.

I get bumps that come and go.

Is this normal for it to take this long. I mean I know they take a while but I wasnít expecting it to be still so crusty.

I was hoping to change to hoops after a year would it be better to wait till itís stopped leaking lymph? Or I was wondering if the hoops would be easier to clean up.

I havent been doing much to it, occasional hot compress with salt water when a bump flares up

Do you sleep on it, does it catch on your hair or anything? As I understand, a year is not that long if we speak about cartilage piercings. My helix is about two years old and still gets aggravated sometimes, but mostly when I happen to hurt it somehow, that's why I asked if it gets hurt on the way.
    A beginner really

Right ear: two lobes, helix and daith
    Left ear: three lobes and tragus
    Nose: septum

No I don’t sleep on it it doesn’t catch my hair either and it’s never really sore. Maybe I’m just a slow healer and I should leave it alone for another 6 months and see

Sure, patience is always a good idea, in cases where there is no infection nor constant damage of any kind.

Maybe others will also have some useful advice regarding jewelry.
    A beginner really

Right ear: two lobes, helix and daith
    Left ear: three lobes and tragus
    Nose: septum

What is the jewellery made from?
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by FudgeTort View Post
    So my double helix is a year old almost now

its still gettjng regular crusties but it doesn’t hurt at all.

I get bumps that come and go.

Is this normal for it to take this long. I mean I know they take a while but I wasn’t expecting it to be still so crusty.

I was hoping to change to hoops after a year would it be better to wait till it’s stopped leaking lymph? Or I was wondering if the hoops would be easier to clean up.

I havent been doing much to it, occasional hot compress with salt water when a bump flares up
    I am having a few flare up's with my piercings at the moment - including one of my Helix's. My Helix's are about 14 months old and they had to be changed by my piercer. One is fine but, the other has got a small bump on the front that has been there for about a year and an even bigger one that hurts that is on the back that recently came back up again.

My Daith's must be around 2 and a half years old - still crusty and actually bled last night whilst trying to remove the crusts. My Paw print piercing has never ever crusted since it has been done etc... It is now crusty. I went to my piercer as I mentioned I had problems etc... My piercer said that it is all to do with the hot weather. So, please do not worry - it is nothing you have done. I have mentioned about my piercings to say that you are not alone. My piercings have never been this annoying. Hoop wise I have always found them to make my piercings sore and have had them changed back again. - It just could be me though. I have had everything changed to bars at the moment as they are so annoying.
    Last edited by Mazzy; 07-19-2018 at 09:49 AM.
    Left side - Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, Helix, Rook, Lower Conch.

Right side -Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, "Paw" print piercing on the flat of my ear, Tragus, Nostril, Helix and Eyebrow. "Shen Men" piercing, Triple Forward Helix.

Retired - Right Eyebrow's x2. Left Double Tragus - sadly! :(

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Hazel it’s implant grade titanium. Same as what they pierce with but I asked them to put shorter ones in

thats interesting about the heat. It has been in the last few weeks- the bumps have disappeared again now though.

I will hold off off on the hoops then thanks.

That's good. It's just taking it's time, they can take 18 months+ to fully heal. The bumps are extremely common.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Thanks it’s good to know they’re common too.

Ill definitely not change it yet then.

Quote Originally Posted by FudgeTort View Post
    Hazel itís implant grade titanium. Same as what they pierce with but I asked them to put shorter ones in

thats interesting about the heat. It has been in the last few weeks- the bumps have disappeared again now though.

I will hold off off on the hoops then thanks.
    No problem. Glad the bumps have gone. When I recently saw my piercer she said that quite a few people had been in with problems since the heat wave. I am going to have to go on Tuesday as I need a longer bar as my Conch has come up yet again. I am considering retiring it to be honest.

Give as long as you can before changing to hoops.
    Left side - Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, Helix, Rook, Lower Conch.

Right side -Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, "Paw" print piercing on the flat of my ear, Tragus, Nostril, Helix and Eyebrow. "Shen Men" piercing, Triple Forward Helix.

Retired - Right Eyebrow's x2. Left Double Tragus - sadly! :(

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast