Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: One year old helix

Quote Originally Posted by FudgeTort View Post
    It’s weird because it’s gone now. Can’t tell that there was a big gross spot on it just two days ago. But it always comes back.

I know officially you shouldn’t but after it had popped this time I gave it a squeeze to try and drain it and stop the damn thing coming back.

I mignt have a look at bio flex then thanks. Maybe mine will take two years to fully heal.

Shame they look so nice or I’d not bother. I got another helix on the other side despite problems
    Hi FudgeTort

To be honest I err.... squeeze mine! It is the only relief sometimes. How are you getting on now? I have had quite a few of my piercings changed to bio flex this weekend. The Helix from Hell bump has gone down a little and doesn't hurt so much. The other Helix has healed but this one is been a big pain. I have the conclusion although we heal differently mine take not far off two years to heal. It has taken me a long time to work that out and patience (that I have never got lol..).
    Last edited by Mazzy; 09-03-2018 at 03:12 PM.
    Left side - Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, Helix, Rook, Lower Conch.

Right side -Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, "Paw" print piercing on the flat of my ear, Tragus, Nostril, Helix and Eyebrow. "Shen Men" piercing, Triple Forward Helix.

Retired - Right Eyebrow's x2. Left Double Tragus - sadly! :(

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Quote Originally Posted by Daisie View Post
    Hi FudgeTort!

I think it's not uncommon for cartilage piercings to heal for a long time. My helix healed after full two years, at least it seems so, but I wouldn't be surprised if it makes problems again at some point. Piercings are just so tender sometimes, and as people already said, all sorts of factors can flare them up - heat, hair, pressure... You name it.

I found a way not to sleep on my helix at all, so I think it helped too. My tragus, for example, is one and a half years old and it still makes these bumpy problems and occasionally, if I happen to sleep on it which I avoid, leeks fluid.

Just be patient and clean it according to its needs.
    Hi Daisie

Hang on in there with your Tragus. Mine was finally changed to a proper Titanium Labret post this weekend. I am so happy as it has come very close to retirement many times. It has taken nearly two years. My Daith's were both the same too. Didn't think they were ever going to heal at one point.

Right side -Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, "Paw" print piercing on the flat of my ear, Tragus, Nostril, Helix and Eyebrow. "Shen Men" piercing, Triple Forward Helix.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

It’s totally gone again now.

When it was an open spot with a bit of blood I dabbed a bit of sudocrem on with a cotton bud overnight for two days and that seemed to work. Again- I know that’s not what you’re supposed to do at all but it’s looking good again now.

Quote Originally Posted by Travis365 View Post
    there is light at the end of the tunnel. I’ve been through exactly the same. Got a double helix by a place on the recommended piercers thread on this site (I had previously been to this place for my vch) and both helices were a nightmare from the second month. Constant bumps and crusties. I tried everything, all the salt washes, the paracetamol masks, the tea tree oil and nothing worked. Long story short.. I went to another piercing place where they showed me proper internally threaded titanium (I’d been told my original jewellery was titanium).
    Sept 2016 I got it done, after 8 months of annoyance I got proper titanium jewellery put in it and it healed a treat. Now I can sleep on it and it’s cool, it got knocked about a fair but when I had my hair done recently but no bumps!
    All my jewellery is internally threaded titanium now...it’s pricey but it’s a foreign object in your body and I don’t think you should take chances to save a few quid..
    Hi Travis365

Thank you for posting this. This gives us all some hope. I have gone though/going through this. They are such a pain to heal at times. Times I have nearly given up on them.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

It’s totally gone again now.

When it was an open spot with a bit of blood I dabbed a bit of sudocrem on with a cotton bud overnight for two days and that seemed to work. Again- I know that’s not what you’re supposed to do at all but it’s looking good again now.
    You are really lucky there FudgeTort. Sudocrem never works on me. My mum swears by the stuff.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Well I know you aren’t meant to use it but it was an open little spot thing and I thought whilst it’s open I’ll pit a bit of antiseptic on maybe it won’t keep healing over then growing again.

Who knows. I’m keeping up with the sea salt cleanses as well as they do help- just I have to do it every day or it’s not a lasting effect.

My newest helix seems nowhere near as sensitive as the others so maybe this one will heal quicker?!

Quote Originally Posted by Mazzy View Post
    Hi Daisie

Hang on in there with your Tragus. Mine was finally changed to a proper Titanium Labret post this weekend. I am so happy as it has come very close to retirement many times. It has taken nearly two years. My Daith's were both the same too. Didn't think they were ever going to heal at one point.
    Thank you, Mazzy! My tragus is still naughty, some days are better than the others. My daith sometimes has slight problems with the upper hole, but nothing as near as my tragus or my helix, that one was healing in particularly annoying fashion! But now it's pretty much fine.

FudgeTort, I also gently push mine while patting the hole dry with a q-tip. I know a lot of people don't recommend it, but it brings me relief and it makes the bump go smaller over the time.
    A beginner really

Right ear: two lobes, helix and daith
    Left ear: three lobes and tragus
    Nose: septum

Well I know you aren’t meant to use it but it was an open little spot thing and I thought whilst it’s open I’ll pit a bit of antiseptic on maybe it won’t keep healing over then growing again.

Who knows. I’m keeping up with the sea salt cleanses as well as they do help- just I have to do it every day or it’s not a lasting effect.

My newest helix seems nowhere near as sensitive as the others so maybe this one will heal quicker?!
    How are you getting on FudgeTort? Any better? That is good you have found something that helps. Hope you newer Helix is still ok. One of my Helix's was much better than the other one.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Quote Originally Posted by Daisie View Post
    Thank you, Mazzy! My tragus is still naughty, some days are better than the others. My daith sometimes has slight problems with the upper hole, but nothing as near as my tragus or my helix, that one was healing in particularly annoying fashion! But now it's pretty much fine.

FudgeTort, I also gently push mine while patting the hole dry with a q-tip. I know a lot of people don't recommend it, but it brings me relief and it makes the bump go smaller over the time.
    No problem Daisie. Sorry, to hear that your Tragus is still naughty some days. Mine has taken nearly two years to not be as annoying. Yes, my Daith's still can play up and they are over 2 and a half years old. Glad your Helix is getting better. One of mine is fine but the other..... a pain! It is much better since the Bioflex post has gone in.

Please be careful with the q-tip. - I have in the past set my Tragus off doing that. I use a hairdryer to dry mine.
    Last edited by Mazzy; 09-06-2018 at 09:56 AM.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123