Thread: conch changed to hoop now swollen

Default conch changed to hoop now swollen

Hi got a double conch piercing in January, no problems so switched to hoops three days ago. My piercer changed them for me. They are 10mm and 12g surgical steel. My ear is not happy, swollen, red and very painful. I dont think the hoops are too small, they are snug which is what i wanted so sit on my ear cuff neatly but no swelling around them to suggest too small. salt water bathing three times daily and leaving well alone. any tips or just sit it out? thanks

Hi Egglady!

Sometimes when I change my jewelry (with my piercer), my piercings get a bit angry. I have no idea why this is the case. Usually warm sea salt soaks help, twice a day for a couple of days and then just leaving it alone.

Let us know how it is going.
    A beginner really

Right ear: two lobes, helix and daith
    Left ear: three lobes and tragus
    Nose: septum

If you had a bar in there before remember that you're forcing something that healed straight into a curve so it being angry is totally normal. It's just going to take time, cold compresses and ibuprofen (if you can take it) for the swelling.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Daisie View Post
    Hi Egglady!

Sometimes when I change my jewelry (with my piercer), my piercings get a bit angry. I have no idea why this is the case. Usually warm sea salt soaks help, twice a day for a couple of days and then just leaving it alone.

Let us know how it is going.
    Hi quick update, so changed top one to stud again on Wednesday as was so painful and has recovered really well. Unfortunately I was hoping the lower conch hoop would settle with salt bathing but its starting cutting into my ear so just awaiting larger hoop today to change it as well. Lesson learned, snug fitting is not good! oh well hopefully not too much damage done and I can get some sleep! thanks for the advise x x

I have double conch piercing I love it but my first conch one I’ve had done about 7 years so is absolutely fine no problems my second one I had done about 6 weeks ago and it’s been hell ever since, I had swelling on the back so went back and got the bar changed to a longer one but it’s atill painful and swollen that was about 2 weeks ago I had it changed