Thread: Getting a 3mm silicone double flared tunnel in

Default Getting a 3mm silicone double flared tunnel in

My right lobe piercing is now fully healed and I'm ready to start stretching. It was pierced at 2.4mm. I bought a set of tapers and silicone double flared tunnels right up to 10mm. The 3.2mm taper went straight through no problem, it didn't even resist. But the tunnel will not go in! The hole is too small to put the edge of the flare in first. I tried rolling up the flare to push it through, but it wouldn't go in like that - the silicone is so springy that it just sprung back to shape. I tried taping it to make it tighter, but it was too fiddly and the tape made it thicker anyway. I have no idea how this is supposed to go in!

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Left lobe: Two 2.4mm x 10mm BCRs
    PA: 8mm x 14mm horseshoe
    Lorum: 4mm horseshoe (now retired )
    Guiche: 1.6mm
    Septum: 2.4mm x 10mm horseshoe
    Left nipple: 1.6mm barbell (now retired )
    Right nipple: 4mm horseshoe

Left upper arm: Large black tribal currently being lasered off!
    Right arm: full Nintendo sleeve - done!

Using silicone to stretch is a big no-no as is using anything double flared. Use glass or implant grade steel/ti.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

UK Jewellery Network

Thanks Hazel. I was unaware of that. What is the problem with using silicone in particular?

Quote Originally Posted by mashers View Post
    Thanks Hazel. I was unaware of that. What is the problem with using silicone in particular?
    It's porous and as stretching creates tiny micro tears it is not a good thing to have up against your skin. You need something inert. Also unless you are using Kaos branded silicone it could be of questionable quality and not suitable to be next to skin for any long period of time.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

UK Jewellery Network

That's really good advice, thank you Hazel. I gave up trying to get the tunnel in anyway and put in a horseshoe I had from when I stretched my PA. I've still got the full set right up to 8mm so I'll use those for stretching (even though I didn't want a ring in this piercing). I've got my eye on a nice wooden tunnel which I'll use once I've reached my goal size. Thanks again

You're more than welcome my lovely. Good luck with the stretching!

UK Jewellery Network