Thread: Tattoo Peeling

Default Tattoo Peeling

I got my third tattoo last Thursday & itís my first portrait
    I love it but the worst part for me is the dreaded peeling stage & itís hit me so hard :/
    Is there any way that I can get it to peel quicker & get rid of the itching because Iím not sure how much more I can take of it😄🤦🏻*♀️

Currently: 4 lobes, left inner conch
    Retired: Left tragus, left nostril
    Tattoos: 3 hours 20 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by ELMawnX View Post
    I got my third tattoo last Thursday & it’s my first portrait
    I love it but the worst part for me is the dreaded peeling stage & it’s hit me so hard :/
    Is there any way that I can get it to peel quicker & get rid of the itching because I’m not sure how much more I can take of it臘*♀️

I would leave it well alone to be honest. Let your body do it's own thing. If you rush the peeling stage you are bound to lose some of your tattoo. When I get to the stage you are at I just use Tattoo Goo (lotion type) more. I think I need to find something better in time but, haven't found it yet. I had a dog portrait on my thigh a good while ago and that peeled so bad it looked like it was snowing. Itching wise when it is bad I tap/slap over where it is quickly. Keep it covered away from the sun as well.
    Last edited by Mazzy; 07-05-2018 at 09:14 AM.
    Left side - Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, Helix, Rook and Lower Conch.

Right side -Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, "Paw" piercing towards the top of my ear, Tragus, Nostril, Helix and sadly retired Eyebrow. Re-pierced now next to the old one.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Just an example in general to all - I couldn't work out why my inner ankle tattoos never take and have to be redone in places etc... They have been done twice and need another go. I found a new tattoo artist and showed him the problem. He said "I now what that is - your socks have rubbed your tattoo's".

Right side -Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, "Paw" piercing towards the top of my ear, Tragus, Nostril, Helix and sadly retired Eyebrow. Re-pierced now next to the old one.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

I got my third tattoo last Thursday & it’s my first portrait
    I love it but the worst part for me is the dreaded peeling stage & it’s hit me so hard :/
    Is there any way that I can get it to peel quicker & get rid of the itching because I’m not sure how much more I can take of it
    I really empathise, if the itching is really driving you insane then take an anti-histamine if you can.

Make sure you're using appropriate aftercare as well.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

UK Jewellery Network

I used Bepanthen on it up until the peeling stages of the healing process & now I'm just using Tattoo Goo on it (the one in the little green tin). The tattoo has now peeled & now I'm waiting for the shiny layer of skin to slowly shed away

Weird question; it's advised that the tattoo is "washed with soap & water during healing", but is it advised when the tattoo has peeled? I'm doing this in the morning but not in the evening. Instead I'm just putting Tattoo Goo on it 3-4 times daily.

Last edited by ELMawnX; 07-10-2018 at 01:20 PM.

Please be careful of Bepanthen. - It's not like it used to be. They have put something in it that is not suitable to use for tattoo's and many are allergic to it. I have even written to them to ask them to make a proper tattoo aftercare product and got a really silly reply that went in the bin lol...

I use Tattoo Goo soap for my tattoo's as well as the lotion. When my tattoo's stop being "snotty" (sorry so basic) I then would give around 5 days of using the Tattoo Goo soap from 1st having the tattoo done then go back to normal soap. If it has flaked away etc... After the snottyness I only wash it once a day.
    Last edited by Mazzy; 07-10-2018 at 11:37 AM.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

As above, Bepanthen is for babies bottoms etc not tattoos. With how many companies are making tailored tattoo care now, we do not have to resort to "hack" products from crappy pharma companies to look after our tattoos. You need to be cleaning it with soap and water after day 1 any kind of gentle soap/handwash is fine.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

UK Jewellery Network

I’ve ordered the Tattoo Goo aftercare lotion to use on my tattoo to see if it helps at all
    I’m also going to use it on my next tattoo to see if it heals quicker.

Shall I ditch the Bepanthen?

Shall I ditch the Bepanthen?
    For tattoos, yes.

UK Jewellery Network

Definitely, yes!