Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Oh No Not another septum Piercing Diary ? Afraid So folks !

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mouse View Post
    I'm probably going to tip the apple cart over here but hey ho !

Because of my sleep apnea & wearing a mask overnight whilst asleep I have found it easier to flip my horseshoe down overnight, this is because it causes a restriction in my nostrils which impedes my breathing a little. However I still require it to be flipped up mostly during the day to hide it, it seems to be coping well with this abuse at present !
    You need to do what's right for you when it comes to aftercare.

Same with soaks, I don't do them, haven't for years, I don't feel the idea of my piercing sitting in murky sea salt is best for it and it makes my healing piercings swell and sometimes get irritated. Yet for some it works wonders! It's why the general consensus with organisations like the APP/UKAPP is leave alone if you can, warm or cool compresses and gentle wiping/cleaning if needed and do what's best for you. After all, you know your body best.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

UK Jewellery Network

Day 9,

Just a couple of very small crusties this morning at clean up time, after wiping them away with a cotton bud dipped in SSS It was time to once again flip it up out of the way for the day. Think I'm beginning to get the hang of this at last as it seemed easier this morning !
    Current : Left ear lobe 18g gold ring 10mm ID,
    Both nipples 10g 12mm ID BCR ,
    Reverse Prince Albert 2g 25mm curved SS Barbell with 11mm balls.
    Septum at 14g Horseshoe !

Retired : Pubic piercing 10g 12mm ID, due to starting Ball Stretching Adventure !

Tattoo's, Upper & lower arms. Upper legs & both shoulders, long forgotten how many hours !

Ball Stretching Weights, 38 x 30 521g & 40 x 15 234g making a total of 755g at present. More to be added !

Day 10,

Same again this morning just a couple of crusties each side, I'm beginning to wonder if it's the sea salt reforming as crystals ? I might just try boiled warm water cleaning from now on ?

Retired : Pubic piercing 10g 12mm ID, due to starting Ball Stretching Adventure !

Tattoo's, Upper & lower arms. Upper legs & both shoulders, long forgotten how many hours !

Ball Stretching Weights, 38 x 30 521g & 40 x 15 234g making a total of 755g at present. More to be added !

I ordered some emu oil the other day to rub onto my feet & legs to see if it will help with some issues I'm currently having, I was wondering about putting some on my septum jewellery as I have seen others posts suggesting it also has healing properties ? Has anyone had any experience of this ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mouse View Post
    I ordered some emu oil the other day to rub onto my feet & legs to see if it will help with some issues I'm currently having, I was wondering about putting some on my septum jewellery as I have seen others posts suggesting it also has healing properties ? Has anyone had any experience of this ?
    I use emu oil all the time. I like it. I can't comment on healing as I'd have to have 2 piercings done at the same time in the same place, use it on one and not on the other to see if it helps. I prefer it above things like soaks though.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

UK Jewellery Network

Day 11, am.

So this morning clean up was using just plain old boiled water after it cooled down of course, there were no crusties as such this morning. I did apply some Emu oil to the jewelry at last nights clean up, so initial observations are that perhaps the Emu oil has prevented any crusties from forming ? Or perhaps coincidentally it was just time for them to stop ?

Yup emu oil stops crusties, this is why I suggest it to everyone, it's amazing stuff.

UK Jewellery Network

This is my 1st experience of Emu oil, but it will be interesting to see how things go !

Day 12,

As I went away last night & stayed with friends who have young children I left my piercing flipped up most of yesterday & all of today so far, so it remained flipped up & uncleaned ! Later tonight I will see how it has survived, yesterday when I flipped it up I put Emu oil on it for the 1st time !

Day 13,

All good last night, just a quick wipeover with some cold boiled water ! I'm liking this Emu oil !