Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Oh No Not another septum Piercing Diary ? Afraid So folks !

I think the issues I'm having Hazel are down to my decision to go for the larger of the 2 horseshoes I was offered, its 2mm larger in diameter than the smaller one ! also the one I went with had larger balls as well, the anatomy of my nostrils probably has a bearing on matters as well. I'm pretty sure my piercer really wanted me to go with the smaller Horseshoe as she had quite a job to flip it up for me, she did say if I wanted to come back she would swap it out for the smaller one if it was needed !
    Current : Left ear lobe 18g gold ring 10mm ID,
    Both nipples 10g 12mm ID BCR ,
    Reverse Prince Albert 2g 25mm curved SS Barbell with 11mm balls.
    Septum at 10g Horseshoe !

Retired : Pubic piercing 10g 12mm ID, due to starting Ball Stretching Adventure !

Tattoo's, Upper & lower arms. Upper legs & both shoulders, long forgotten how many hours !

Ball Stretching Weights, 38 x 30 521g & 40 x 15 234g making a total of 755g at present. More to be added !

Then I guess you have your answer.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    Then I guess you have your answer.
    You could well be right Hazel !

Retired : Pubic piercing 10g 12mm ID, due to starting Ball Stretching Adventure !

Tattoo's, Upper & lower arms. Upper legs & both shoulders, long forgotten how many hours !

Ball Stretching Weights, 38 x 30 521g & 40 x 15 234g making a total of 755g at present. More to be added !

I think I'm beginning to get the hang of flipping the horseshoe down now, but getting it back up there again is still a bit of a challenge !

Be careful that u don't end up irritating it.
    Piercings:
    Nose, navel, both nipples horizontally, Princess Diana, septum. Retired - tongue

Tattoos:
    Line of butterflies from lower belly round onto back and up to my shoulder, garter tatt on left thigh

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Fi View Post
    Be careful that u don't end up irritating it.
    Hi Fi,

I appreciate your concern & value your opinion as you have already been there !

However I'm a little confused by all this at the moment ? My piercer said its ok to flip it up & down if I need to, but the aftercare sheet I received said not to keep moving it around ? More confusion ?

To be honest though I have allways kept my piercings moving whilst cleaning them with SSS's, never had an issue yet with any of them ! Perhaps I have just been lucky or maybe it works for me ?

As with any subject everyone has an opinion & that's great, I'm allways open to other peoples experiences. Where I become wary is when I'm told never do this & you cant do that because if you do this will happen ? We are all different & our bodies all heal in different ways, so I'm listening to mine it will tell me if I'm doing something it doesn't like !

Looking at various threads on here one thing becomes glaringly obvious & I think you will all agree ? Not even the piercers themselves seem to be able to agree on aftercare !
    Last edited by Mr Mouse; 07-11-2018 at 10:30 AM.

Day 8,

Well what can one say ?

I'm probably going to tip the apple cart over here but hey ho !

Because of my sleep apnea & wearing a mask overnight whilst asleep I have found it easier to flip my horseshoe down overnight, this is because it causes a restriction in my nostrils which impedes my breathing a little. However I still require it to be flipped up mostly during the day to hide it, it seems to be coping well with this abuse at present !

Mr Mouse,

I also agree that the best thing, besides following piercer's advice, is to listen to your body and sometimes, to just go and try a certain type of care. For example, I was always told by the piercer to wash/rinse my piercings twice a day as long as I feel the need for it, but in the end, I realized that from one point I just start to aggravate them more if I continue with washing/rinsing that often. I was also told to move the piercings a bit while they are healing when I do the cleaning, but with my last one, daith, I just tried not to, because it didn't feel right. Up until now, it has been the easiest healing for me, maybe particularly because of that.

But if you don't feel the problem while moving it, it's perfectly fine too.

What is the advice anyway when you heal the septum, after what period of time it can be safely flipped into the other position?
    A beginner really

Right ear: two lobes, helix and daith
    Left ear: three lobes and tragus
    Nose: septum

Hi Daisie,

My piercer said not to change the jewelry for 3 months, then when I left she told me if I couldnt flip it up or down to come back & she would change it out for the smaller horseshoe ?

I explained before I got pierced I would need to hide it on a regular basis which would mean flipping it up & out of view, because I knew this would have a bearing on the jewelrys placement. So I was pierced fairly far forward, when I left the studio I was given an aftercare leaflet that says don't play with the jewelry ?

So as you can see its all a little confusing !

Having had my horseshoe flipped up all day I'm going to flip it down again tonight as I find it easier to breath like that, I will flip it down after cleaning with its nightly SSS !

I'm wishing Day 8 a cheery goodbye !