Thread: New double helix questions...

Default New double helix questions...

Howdy

I've just got a new double helix...which also happens to be my first piercing.

All looked fine at the time at the piercers however when I was cleaning them the first time I noticed they're pierced at different angles? I don't know if this is normal/fine or not...I'm just concerned when I eventually switch out for rings when they're healed they'd look...pretty wonky.

The lower one looks mostly parallel with the ground and pointing towards my head and the upper one is angled upwards and pointing away.

imgur. com/a/2osRdcr

It's hard getting pictures at the back of your own head but i gave it my best shot!

Also, the lower piercing...I'm slightly worried it's been pierced too shallow as my skin around the edge of the cartilage is quite thick, I can't really tell if the piercer has properly gone through the cartilage or just the edge of it...does the position of it look OK/normal?

i.imgur. com/xy401yw.jpg

(When you're googling pictures of helix piercings very very few show where they exit the back of the ear so can never tell what should be right or not )

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Hazel; 07-02-2018 at 12:53 PM. Reason: removed direct links.

Your upper ear doesn't go up vertically at a 90 degree angle. However, your piercings will go through at a 45 degree angle to avoid any kind of pressure or the jewellery fitting poorly. That's why they can "look" wonky but sometimes be okay. However, without seeing you in person from several different angles it's very hard to tell. Also swelling can knock them off centre. If you're unhappy go back to your piercer for a chat.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

Howdy
    Thanks for your reply.
    I went to back to the piercer, said what was bothering me, he took one look at it and said yeah one of them isn't pierced straight so when i swap them to rings they won't line up...like one would be straight as in _ and the other at a tilt like / and just wouldn't look right next to each other.

So he took the top one out, said to leave it for 2 weeks to heal and he'll re-pierce it for free (with a new bar, too).

Still wondering about the lower one...I mean the piercer said he was happy with it and he wouldn't go further across because it'd foul against the rise in the inner part of the cartilage...one do you think? Does it look ok/is it positioned ok?

Thanks
    Last edited by Hazel; 07-02-2018 at 06:57 PM. Reason: removed direct links

I can't see anything wrong with the bottom one. What are you concerned about?
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

Hmm it's just when I've been cleaning it...it doesn't actually feel like it's properly through the cartilage (admittedly it's hard to tell) and if it is, not by very much...I don't know if that's something I should be worried about or is normal

Looks fine to me.

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

Fair enough, thanks for your reply

Hasn't been any leaking or crusties with it yet so I think maybe I'm lucky there...just hoping it heals OK along with the other when it gets re-pierced so that I can swap out for rings in 4-6 months