Thread: Conflicted Over Tattoos

Default Conflicted Over Tattoos

The title pretty much sums it up with me. I think tattoos are cool and there are some amazing designs, but then I look at my body and I appreciate the blank canvas. I think sleeves/half-sleeves are awesome and that's the route I would go if I were to get tattooed, but then I think I'll regret giving up the "blank canvas" per se. I'm not worried about the permanence of the tattoo necessarily and I would like a tattoo, I just can't seem to overcome this weird feeling. Has anyone else felt this?

Great topic!

I've been thinking a lot about tattoos lately, and since it would be my first one and I am not considering anything small right now (it also isn't super big, but anyway), I guess it provokes this thought of "completely blank canvas" vs. canvas that actually is a canvas for the art. But then again, if I already think about my skin as a canvas, then I guess I already have this idea that it should be a base for an art, I don't know, but yes, I have that conflicted thought.

Also, sometimes I think "but what if I use up the space and later I think of something else that could go there?", but I usually resolve the issue easily by acknowledging that all the ink is a reference to a certain time and certain choice in my life, so it's ok.

You can always start with something and see where it would lead, sleeve or not.
    A beginner really

Right ear: two lobes, helix and daith
    Left ear: three lobes and tragus
    Nose: septum

Great topic. In the same place. Thinking about a tattoo, not sure where to start, particularly as it’s all a blank canvas! Think that I just need to find a design that has meaning to me and go from there.

Glad to hear I’m not alone in this. Love the idea of tattoos, but also like the blank canvas feel. Great to join in the discussion on this.
    Current Piercings: 5mm BCR Prince Albert
    Ball Stretching Weights: 250 gram ring

I can totally understand it, despite having 2 full sleeves and a chest piece. That said, I certainly don't have any regrets either, it is what it is. I did have a bit of a wobble/panic when I had my hand done but it was over pretty quickly. You'll know when the time is right for you or if you never go for it, your body, your rules ^_^
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Rainafterthesun View Post
    i found that the traditional tattoo, as gorgeous as it can be..isn’t my style.
    What is a traditional tattoo to you?

Just curious ^_^
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<