Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: New Vertical Industrial!!!

I am not an expert but, I really think that the problems you are having are due to sleeping on it. You know the travel pillows? I was going to suggest to use one but, not in the way they are meant to be though. Are you able to use the travel pillow upside down like you are sleeping in the lower part of the "U" What I am trying to say is that is will lift your head up so, your ear is no way touching your pillow.

Would it be at all possible to get a piercer to take the long bar out and replace with two smaller bars whilst healing? Or would it not work? I really don't know.

Also like Hazel suggested in another post - a lot of healing at once. If I were you give your piercing's a break for them to heal before having another as I think I have had too many this year and now I am paying for it at the moment.
    Last edited by Mazzy; 08-07-2018 at 10:33 AM.
    Left side - Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, Helix, Rook and Lower Conch.

Right side -Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, "Paw" piercing towards the top of my ear, Tragus, Nostril, Helix and sadly retired Eyebrow. Re-pierced now next to the old one.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

I'm trying to go see my piercer but the shop is an hour and a half away. Plus I work overnight and at times too tired to drive myself. Sounds kind of weird but usually me and my mom go together to the shop and do some general shopping. I've tried the travel pillow method and cant stand it. I try to avoid sleeping on it but that doesn't always happen. When I do lay on that side I try not to put pressure on it. I'm thinking that maybe 2 different jewelry pierced might be easier to heal but then again I'm afraid if I do that they won't heal "straight" and i cant wear the long bars. I could be trying to heal too many piercings.
    Left ear: 4 Lobe piercings, Auricle, Helix, Conch, Double Forward Helix and Vertical Industrial
    Right ear: 3 Lobe piercings, Auricle, Helix, Conch x2 and Forward helix
    Facial: Left nostril, Right nostril Septum, and Philtrum
    Want: 4th Lobe, 2nd Foreward Helix, Tragus and Anti-Tragus
    Retired: Naval x2, Right Nostril, Anti-Tragus, and multiple lobe/Auricle piercings
    Tattoos: None but I want some.

Another update. The bump has seem to have gone away. Some tenderness on the bottom of my ear where the piercing exits. Having some nasty gooey stuff but all seems well. Still trying to make it to my piercer.
    Left ear: 4 Lobe piercings, Auricle, Helix, Conch, Double Forward Helix and Vertical Industrial
    Retired: Naval x2, Right Nostril, Anti-Tragus, and multiple lobe/Auricle piercings

To be honest I couldn't get on with a travel pillow all that well either. I used my dogs Elizabethan collar and I also have tried rolling up my thick dressing gown into a circle. In the end my piercer changed my jewellery. Glad your bump has gone away. My Tragus and Daith's all had the nasty gooey stuff. Not really sure what else you could do. Please leave a new piercing for a little while though. I am having to do the same.

Right side -Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, "Paw" piercing towards the top of my ear, Tragus, Nostril, Helix and sadly retired Eyebrow. Re-pierced now next to the old one.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazzy View Post
    To be honest I couldn't get on with a travel pillow all that well either. I used my dogs Elizabethan collar and I also have tried rolling up my thick dressing gown into a circle. In the end my piercer changed my jewellery. Glad your bump has gone away. My Tragus and Daith's all had the nasty gooey stuff. Not really sure what else you could do. Please leave a new piercing for a little while though. I am having to do the same.

I try to mainly sleep on my right side but doesn't always happen. But when I do sleep on my left my ear isnt in any direct pressure. My face will be on the edge of the pillow but I have woken up and found myself using my comforter as a pillow while my bodypillow is shielding me from the fan. My other two new piercings are healing well. It's just a waiting game for the industrial. Still trying to go see my piercer. And I am still trying to plan out what I want to do on my other ear.

Somedays I think to myself why isn't my piercing healed but then I remember that it's only been 3 months. Still no change since the last update. I have little to no issues with the top half. The bottom half is swollen and sore with tan or clear gooey discharge or regular crusties. At times the whole bottom half of my ear is painful to the touch while other times it's just tender. Trying to leave it alone and just do basic cleaning for now.

Sorry, to hear that you are up and down with your piercing Brit Renee. Yes, please remember like you have mentioned that it has only been a short time. I never have enough patience! lol.. Do you think your piercer could put a Bioflex bar in it? I know they can cut it to the sizes you want etc.. The reason why I ask is some of my piercings were being funny so, as a last resort my piercer changed them to Bioflex last week and they are doing well now.
    Last edited by Mazzy; 09-06-2018 at 09:11 AM.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

I'm still trying to go see my piercer and see what they have to say. But they are an hour and a half away and getting the time to drive their takes some planning.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234