Thread: Rook and conch horror!

Default Rook and conch horror!

Hello! So i recently got my rook (left ear) and my conch (right ear) pierced. At first they were fine and looked normal. Then soon after, they started swelling which i was expecting. The heat and throbbing that my piercer talked about started too and i wasn't too scared. But it just kept getting worse. At first the discharge was just normal lymph, whitish yellow and crusty. Then it turned a thick yellow and the swelling got scary. I went back to my piercer 3 days later concerned, and she said it was really red and swollen but she wasn't too concerned. The next day (today), i went into urgent care and they said they were aggressively infected.

I knew three days after i got them pierced, the pain i was feeling was abnormal because i was shaking, nauseous, and light - headed due to it. The piercing sites stung, burned, and thrived like nobody's business (and still do). On my conch, the swelling has filled the entire bar and my rook is close. I was prescribed with antibiotics and strong ibuprofen. I called my piercer and asked if she could put in longer barbells and she said to take the antibiotics for a few days to let the swelling go down before she changes them.

I guess my question is what can i do to relieve this pain? I've cried for i don't know how long over it. I've done sea salt soaks too, and they've helped get the pus out but sometimes I have seriously painful sharp strikes of pain inside the piercings.

Please help!

See a medical professional ASAP.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

UK Jewellery Network

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Straight View Post
    The next day (today), i went into urgent care and they said they were aggressively infected.
    !
    If you've only just been given the antibiotics today it's going to take 24-48 hours for them to work. You can take other painkillers with ibuprofen - speak to a pharmacist and take some advice on what additional pain relief you can have. If you don't see an improvement by tomorrow then go back to the doctor.

I'd also go to a different piercer for an opinion and new bars. Post piercing infection like that isn't really that common and for both of your piercings to become so bad so quickly would make me question the hygiene of the piercer.
    Caro