Thread: Piercer wage question

Default Piercer wage question

Hi! I'm looking to be a piercer - a local shop has put up a job posting looking for a trainee as they expand, however I'm currently studying a level 3 course and not sure I want to back out of it to do this. However, they're offering 15,000 a year starting wage (about 1,100 a month after tax with ample opportunity for progression) and I'm really interested in applying, however I was wondering if anyone else has gone down this kind of career path and has some advice on what I should/shouldn't do to progress in a path like this. Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by FiL; 05-16-2018 at 08:00 AM.

Will they pay you anything during your apprenticeship?
    How long will the apprenticeship last?
    Will they pay for all the courses you need to take?
    Will you be self employed/PAYE or a mix?
    Would you also get commission?
    Would they take a cut of it?
    Will you have the time whilst studying to complete the apprenticeship?
    Will you guaranteed a job at the end of it?
    How well established is the company?

Questions and their answers, that's where you need to start
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

UK Jewellery Network