Thread: Tongue web piercing - some questions

Default Tongue web piercing - some questions

Hello everyone,

I'm becoming seriously interested in tongue web piercing. I've read a lot of old topics and diaries already existing here at the forum, but I'm still having some questions, so I'd like to hear your experiences.

As far as I understood by now, it's a relatively easy and quick healer, which already makes me happy. But, as I am doing a job that basically requires speaking all-the-time (some days 6+ hours a day effectively, meaning non-stop), I thought of doing it in the summer, when I'm having a month break.

So I'm basically having a couple of questions:
    - did anyone of you face a serious lisp a long time after the piercing was done? I guess when the swelling is down, your speech goes right back to normal, right?
    - is there anything I should absolutely avoid eating and for how long after the piercing?
    - would it be generally safe to travel 15-20 days after having it pierced? I would travel to the place where I don't have a piercing studio nearby (I would check where the nearest one is just in case) and I would stay there for two weeks. Is this a good idea at all?

Thanks for all of your answers!
    A beginner really

Right ear: two lobes, helix and daith
    Left ear: three lobes and tragus

An alternative is a so-called smiley or frenulum that I had in recent months has healed really easily - though I haven't yet changed its jewelry.
    Current piercings: Horizontal Nipples 1.6 mm, 4 mm, Tongue 10 mm, Nave rejected smiley/frenulum 1.6mm

No one should experience a serious problem with speech.
    Don't eat very spicy/salty/citrus foods for as long as it's healing.
    Travelling after 2-3 weeks should be fine as long as you're not having any problems.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS - RECOMMENDED UK PIERCERS *****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

Thank you, Hazel! You've basically covered all my questions.

Unassuming, I am specifically interested in tongue web piercing, providing of course that I am anatomically suited for it, I hope I am. But thanks for the suggestions.
    A beginner really

Right ear: two lobes, helix and daith
    Left ear: three lobes and tragus