Thread: Tongue web piercing - some questions

Default Tongue web piercing - some questions

Hello everyone,

I'm becoming seriously interested in tongue web piercing. I've read a lot of old topics and diaries already existing here at the forum, but I'm still having some questions, so I'd like to hear your experiences.

As far as I understood by now, it's a relatively easy and quick healer, which already makes me happy. But, as I am doing a job that basically requires speaking all-the-time (some days 6+ hours a day effectively, meaning non-stop), I thought of doing it in the summer, when I'm having a month break.

So I'm basically having a couple of questions:
    - did anyone of you face a serious lisp a long time after the piercing was done? I guess when the swelling is down, your speech goes right back to normal, right?
    - is there anything I should absolutely avoid eating and for how long after the piercing?
    - would it be generally safe to travel 15-20 days after having it pierced? I would travel to the place where I don't have a piercing studio nearby (I would check where the nearest one is just in case) and I would stay there for two weeks. Is this a good idea at all?

Thanks for all of your answers!
    A beginner really

Right ear: two lobes, helix and daith
    Left ear: three lobes and tragus

An alternative is a so-called smiley or frenulum that I had in recent months has healed really easily - though I haven't yet changed its jewelry.
    Current piercings: Horizontal Nipples 1.6 mm, 4 mm, Tongue 10 mm, Nave rejected smiley/frenulum 1.6mm

No one should experience a serious problem with speech.
    Don't eat very spicy/salty/citrus foods for as long as it's healing.
    Travelling after 2-3 weeks should be fine as long as you're not having any problems.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

Thank you, Hazel! You've basically covered all my questions.

Unassuming, I am specifically interested in tongue web piercing, providing of course that I am anatomically suited for it, I hope I am. But thanks for the suggestions.
    A beginner really

It's me again with the tongue web question!

It might sound a bit stupid and I guess in the end the answer is "no", but I'm still wondering if any of you found eating experience different/weird after tongue web piercing; I mean, when it's fully healed, can it happen that some piece of food gets stuck around the jewelry, or that it moves or hurts the piercing in an unpleasant way?

Thanks in advance for all the answers, I guess I'm really starting to think about tongue web seriously now when my summer break is approaching (and I don't have to talk that much for a month!).
    A beginner really