Thread: Motorbike helmet and piercings

Default Motorbike helmet and piercings

Hi all,

It is motorbike season and while it's sunny I am out on the bike (when I'm not working). If you want to skip the waffling, go to the sentence at the bottom

I have a 6 week old tragus piercing which has had a bump on it since 2 weeks old (when I got the bike out of winter hibernation). On the bank holiday I did a track day where I had my lid on/off several times throughout the day which made the bump even bigger. It has gone down a bit since then, but it still isn't happy with me.

I saw my piercer today and he gave me some advice to help it (which I will be following) and said to avoid putting a helmet on! Which I don't want to do as I do want to go out on the bike, but I also want to keep my piercing as I love it.

I've had my titanium labret ball on the top changed to a flat disk to hopefully not put as much pressure on it when my helmet is on. I will be cleaning it with saline wipes from the piercer. I am going to try to be more careful with putting my helmet on, I wear a bandanna over my ears and I don't even notice it touching my tragus as it doesn't hurt or pull or anything so I have just been taking the helmet on and off as normal.

Those that wear helmets, how do you protect your new piercings?

I've been out on the bike this weekend, 3.5 hours yesterday and 6 hours today. My tragus isn't angry with me and I think it's because of the flat disk instead of a ball.

I'm just careful when putting it on/taking it off. I usually take my plugs out as they like to get pulled out when I take my helmet off.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

UK Jewellery Network