Thread: Was my VCH piercing experience normal? Should I try again?

Default Was my VCH piercing experience normal? Should I try again?

I went in for a VCH piercing along w/ getting my nostril redone and my snug pierced at a new place. New to me; is been around a few years. I have several piercings and never had trouble sitting through them including my triple conch that was done all at once. My Piercer today did all my piercings in 3 stages: she put the tip of the needle barely in to line it up, then she had me breathe in and she pushed the needle halfway in, had me breathe again and pushed the rest of the way. Iíve always had my piercings one in 1 swift motion (except conches due to thickness). When she went to do my VCH piercing, I sat through the initial tip going and and the first half of the needle going in but I jumped and pulled away. I didnít go through with it but I want it done. Do most piercers put the tube in, line up the needle and pierce in 1 quick motion for this piercing or is it always done slowly? I know it takes time to get the jewelry through but does the needle go through in slow stages? I have 2 tongue, 3 conch, a snug, septum, and a nostril. Is this something I should be able to handle based on this or have a possibly reached my limit here? Thank you!

Sounds odd, are you sure they're not using a cannula needle and piercing then removing the needle then pushing the cannula through with the jewellery? Could you see what they were doing? Did you ask?

I've been pierced over 50 times and all mine have been freehand aside the VCH of course and all have been pierced in one swift motion as it should be. I have had cannulas used but still, the pierce itself was done in one movement. Thickness shouldn't matter, I had my septum punched at 5mm and seen conches punched at 6mm/2g in one swift motion, there's never a reason to be slow or do it in stages.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS - RECOMMENDED UK PIERCERS *****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

She just used a typical looking piercing needle straight from the package. My husband was watching and said she put the just the tip of the needle in to line it up without pushing all the way through. She held the tip of the needle inside the skin and held it there. He said it looked like it was already hurting at this point. She then told me to breathe and pushed in a little but more and stopped. It still wasn’t all the way in yet. I pulled away out of reaction and the needle came out. It never went all the way through. There was no jewelry ever attached to the needle.

I'd never go near that piercer again.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS - RECOMMENDED UK PIERCERS *****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

Thank you! I’ve enjoyed all the somewhat painful sensations of my other piercings so having 1 that I couldn’t handle was so discouraging. I thought maybe the exptreme pain was normal since it’s such a sensitive area but I just wasn’t sure. Hearing you say it should be quick has me ready (albeit somewhat nervous) to try again.

It should be so fast you don't have a chance to pull back tbh.

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

That piercing sounds horrible GrimpusDot! When I had mine done it was just a short sharp pain, over really quickly. Don't think I'd go back to that piercer either!
    Current: Bridge / Left Nostril / Septum / Bottom Lip / Tongue Web / 2 x Mandible / VCH / Triangle / 3 x Helix / 6 x Lobe / Tragus
    Retired: 2 x Tongue Web / 3 x Nipple / Navel / Tragus / 10 x Lobe

Mine was so fast that I had no time to move, the needle was through before I had a chance to even think and it just felt like a sharp scratch. Sorry you had such a bad experience