Thread: New tattoo and ink 'bleeding'

Default New tattoo and ink 'bleeding'

Hi all!. I got my first tattoo a few days ago now. I say first because I've always panned on having more sooner or later. The day after I got it, I applied a little Vaseline to it for the dryness, only to ready not an hour later from more than one source that we should not ideally be putting Vaseline on our tattoos. When I washed it a while later, it was leaking a bit of color. There is a lot of bright blue in my design and the water showed very light blue. People seem to recommend Auqphore cream most commonly. So I brought some and started using that. I haven't lost anymore color so I'm thinking it might have been using the wrong thing on it that did it... I ve always heard a little bit of color bleeding is fine, but only a day after?

Can't really comment without seeing it now and then fully healed. Vaseline is terrible for tattoos and I don't know what Aquaphore is.

Use a product for tattoos. There's a lot out there.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

Aquaphore ingredient wise doesn't sound all that nice to be honest.
    Left side - Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, Helix, Rook and Lower Conch.

Right side -Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, "Paw" piercing towards the top of my ear, Tragus, Nostril, Helix and sadly retired Eyebrow. Re-pierced now next to the old one.

Quite a few Tattoo's.