Thread: VCH 3 years on

Default VCH 3 years on

My first post here so thanks for reading.

I had a VCH performed in London UK about three years ago, piercing healed up fine with hardly any irritation and I've been enjoying it.

I'm a keen cyclist and I commute to work, recently I bought a new bicycle with drop bars. Now when ever I use my new bike the saddle catches the jewellery and rubs to the point it can draw blood. Using my old bike does not cause any problem because it has straight handle bars and I'm not bent so far over.

Both bikes have exactly the same make and model of saddle which is designed for ladies.

I can't remove the jewellery because the skin at the top of my CH has closed and the small ball (3mm I think) will not pull down although there is still plenty of room for the jewellery to move up and down.

I contacted the piercer and was told that there is nothing they can do because this type of genital piercing is now considered FGM and that I should go to hospital.

Any suggestions?

PM

Contact a piercer who will see you. Look on the UKAPP website.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

Hazel's right, I'd definitely go to another piercer. Sorry I don't know of any near London.
    Current: Bridge / Left Nostril / Septum / Bottom Lip / Tongue Web / 2 x Mandible / VCH / Triangle / 3 x Helix / 6 x Lobe / Tragus
    Retired: 2 x Tongue Web / 3 x Nipple / Navel / Tragus / 10 x Lobe

Being male I don't really know anything about VCHs but I am fairly sporty with running and cycling.

It might be worth experimenting with the position of the saddle - you should be able to move it forward and back, or tilt it slightly up and down to get an improved position. I have found that quite small changes to the position of the saddle and handlebars (I tend to ride with my hands resting on the brake/gear lever hoods) makes a huge difference, especially for longer distance cycling.

Could this help at all?
    Piercings: PA, nipples, navel, septum.