Thread: Body piercing - current trends

Default Body piercing - current trends

Hi,

While I'm definitely "old school" with my piercings it is interesting to see current trends.

At the moment, the actual jewellery seems to be the thing - custom made pieces and very high quality anatometal and such like.
    The other thing that seems popular is "curating" - I hate the term, very American but it is about building a collection of piercings.
    Often the two are combined with some quite exquisite (and expensive!) looking combinations.

I'll always be old school and actually now love that I am pretty unique. I get plenty of compliments.

What other things are in trend? Where do you see it going? Does it have anywhere to go? Will implants, scarification or other "extreme" things become everyday?

Yv. xxx
    Got: double snakebites|central lip|labret|2x centre tongue|philtrum|angel bites|smiley|septum|3 pairs nostrils|3 pairs eyebrows|bridge|15 & 16 (l&r) lobe/cartilage, rook, 2x tragus, 2x forward helix, conch (both ears symmetrical)|3x navel (72 holes in total)Want: Everything, slowly building up my piercings over time.Next up: venoms; maybe something genital

I've started to notice a lot more daith and conch piercings in real life and on TV these days.

I'm not keen on the quality jewellery thing. A lot of the piercing posts on reddit seem to be about fancy, expensive jewellery but I've never been interested in that.

If the more "extreme" things do become common I wonder what people will start doing to be "even more extreme"?
    Current: Bridge / Left Nostril / Septum / Bottom Lip / Tongue Web / 2 x Mandible / VCH / Triangle / 3 x Helix / 6 x Lobe / Tragus
    Retired: 2 x Tongue Web / 3 x Nipple / Navel / Tragus / 10 x Lobe

Nipple piercings are becoming popular with my friends at least - I'm noticing it because so many of them thought I was losing it when I got mine done 2 years ago but now have theirs done.
    Piercings:
    Nose, tongue, navel, both nipples horizontally, VCH, septum

Tattoos:
    Line of butterflies from lower belly round onto back and up to my shoulder

I approve of the fancy jewellery - means more people rocking great looking piercings.
    I've also noticed that septum clickers are quite popular. I even have a couple myself.

You are right about daith piercings - I think there are still lots of folk getting them hoping they will help with migraines.

Anyone know what happened to earmageddon?
    Got: double snakebites|central lip|labret|2x centre tongue|philtrum|angel bites|smiley|septum|3 pairs nostrils|3 pairs eyebrows|bridge|15 & 16 (l&r) lobe/cartilage, rook, 2x tragus, 2x forward helix, conch (both ears symmetrical)|3x navel (72 holes in total)Want: Everything, slowly building up my piercings over time.Next up: venoms; maybe something genital

Great looking looking jewellery for me would be padlocks and safetypins ha ha ha! You're right about the septum clickers, I love septum piercings and sometimes think I'm the only person who doesn't have a clicker. Didn't realise Earmageddon had gone, that's a shame.
    Current: Bridge / Left Nostril / Septum / Bottom Lip / Tongue Web / 2 x Mandible / VCH / Triangle / 3 x Helix / 6 x Lobe / Tragus

You punk you!

I knew a girl who wore climbing carabiners in her stretched ears - very cool.
    That's a whole new topic - what people wear that isn't standard jewellery.

Quote Originally Posted by -yv- View Post
    You punk you!
    You hit the nail right on the head there I guess that would have been a "current trend" if we were having this conversation in the late 70s!

I had my nipples pierced over 15 years ago !
    Current : Left ear lobe 18g gold ring 10mm ID,
    Both nipples 10g 12mm ID BCR ,
    Reverse Prince Albert 2g 25mm curved SS Barbell with 11mm balls.
    Septum at 14g Horseshoe !

Retired : Pubic piercing 10g 12mm ID, due to starting Ball Stretching Adventure !

Tattoo's, Upper & lower arms. Upper legs & both shoulders, long forgotten how many hours !

Ball Stretching Weights, 38 x 30 521g & 40 x 15 234g making a total of 755g at present. More to be added !

The dog paw piercing thread also got me thinking.
    I've seen a bit of piercing/tattoo combination work - mainly with dermals.
    I particularly like how it looks with flower tattoos.

I like the double helix, daith and the triple forward helix. On the right anatomy conch is nice. Love the fact that middle aged pe ate getting pierced again.
    Love the different jewellery available now.