Thread: Latest with airport security

Default Latest with airport security

Anyone know the latest position with airport metal detectors and piercings across the EU?

My nipple piercings have been detected before and so have been frisked over a couple of times, that's not been too bad.

I have always taken out my PA and popped an acrylic ring in on a temporary basis. It's a bit of a drag having to do this and so Mrs Mat is suggesting I'm over reacting and ought to keep them all in. She says "they must have seen all this before". It's just that my PA is 5mm gauge and 15mm in diameter, so quite a bit of metal I've had it in for ages and part of me wants to leave it there.

Thanks in advance folks.....
    Piercings: PA, nipples, navel, septum.

I have only set them off twice, once here and once in Turkey.

Here I was just scanned with a wand scanner and in Turkey I was scanned with a wand scanner and swabbed for drugs (hands and waistband). All done right by the scanner and over in a few minutes.

I over have 25 bits of metal in me and have often had 11mm metal plugs in my lobes.

Boyfriend was sent through the body scanner here once, not sure why, may have been random may have been the piercings but I think it was random personally. He's got a 2mmx5 gauge frenum ladder and had 16mm titanium plugs in his lobes.

Been through other detectors such as court, Disneyland etc and never set those off.

Even if it does happen they're not going to want you to take anything out or get you to show anything unless they suspect something serious.
    Last edited by Hazel; 03-01-2018 at 09:48 AM.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

Sounds like a bit of common sense once again, so thank Hazel.

Anyone else?

Hiya , every time go through the scanners I'm always expecting it to go off . Maybe I even enjoy the little secret ! I've only had to have a hand scanner as well a few times . The full X Ray body scanner was fun , the operator had a smile I her face . It's never been a problem anywhere tho . It just makes the heart beat a little faster as you approach the gate .

Tbh I rarely think about it! Maybe I'm just so used to being covered in metal I don't think on it.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

I've not had any problems. Just been skiing and walked through without any buzzers or flashing lights

I did worry the first time I flew after getting my nips and VCH done as I had visions of having to show them to someone!
    Piercings:
    Nose, tongue, navel, both nipples horizontally, VCH, septum

Tattoos:
    Line of butterflies from lower belly round onto back and up to my shoulder

You'll be pleased to know that all was well going through airport security, I didn't take any of my piercings out beforehand. Just walked through, no problems. Interesting to see how other passengers were pulled aside, presumably at random, to go through the body scanner and then to have a hand held detector waved over them. Perhaps if that had happened to me they might have been picked up.

So it seems that I was worrying about nothing, thank you all for your reassurances!

Yeah the my bf got a random check once, it usually is just random, saves putting everyone through it. Even when they do see your peircings they won't be bothered.

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network