Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daith piercing

Default Daith piercing

I had my daith pierced yesterday, 1.2g 10mm curved bar and I've got to say it looks pretty bad ass,

The piercer was cool, explained everything but the piercing was an experience I'd like not to go through again, but I might if I still get migraines on the other side of my head. I have a very thick daith so the needle didn't go through easily and took a bit of force for it to go through and that really hurt. It doesn't last too long, the pain went quickly.

I had it done because I thought I had sinus problems but it turned out it was migraines and after the medication wasn't doing much so as a last resort I thought I'd give it a go, when the needle went in I felt my migraine fade away and a fuzziness behind my eyes lift. This morning was the first time since before Christmas I didn't wake up with a headache and it was such a relief.

I know they don't work for everyone but I felt I had nothing to lose only gain. It was either going to help my migraines or I was getting a cool piercing.

A tip from my piercer; when a daith heals if you feel a migraine coming on play with your earring.

I'll update in a week or so.

The migraine thing is a myth but the placebo works for some and it's amazing when it happens.

Keep an eye on the bottom hole as it looks like it could be a little shallow, hard to tell when not seen from several angles, of course it could be totally fine ^_^

Happy healing!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

What should I be looking out for on the bottom hole?

I've been having a bit swelling last 2 days and a bit of pain. It doesn't look infected and it's getting cleaned twice a day.

Just for it moving closer to the surface of your skin.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Ah ok I got you now!

Thanks

Wonder if anyone can help, my piercing seems to be healing lovely but my skin around the daith is drying out and it's red and a bit flakey, anyone got any tips on how to sort it?

Quote Originally Posted by TheHoleyOne View Post
    Wonder if anyone can help, my piercing seems to be healing lovely but my skin around the daith is drying out and it's red and a bit flakey, anyone got any tips on how to sort it?
    Try Prontolind spray instead of SSS. I cannot use salt anymore as it irritates me too much so, my piercer gave me this. If you leave this spray to soak in for a couple of minutes it softens up the crusties etc... so, it is much easier to clean and doesn't make you dry.
    Last edited by Mazzy; 03-03-2018 at 01:12 PM.
    Left side - Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, Helix, Rook, Lower Conch and Double Tragus (sadly the bottom one has migrated).

Right side -Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, "Paw" print piercing on the flat of my ear, Tragus, Nostril, Helix and Eyebrow. "Shen Men" piercing, Triple Forward Helix.

Retired - Right Eyebrow's x2.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Emu oil or BPA oil. Both natural and can be used on new piercings.

Goodbye daith piercing, the bugger started bloody rejecting

How long should I wait before getting it repierced?

Goodbye daith piercing, the bugger started bloody rejecting

How long should I wait before getting it repierced?
    Oh dear! Sorry, to hear about this. I would be feeling the same if it was me. I always thought you could have them repierced after a year but, I am not 100%. Anyone else know?
    Left side - Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, Helix, Rook, Lower Conch and Double Tragus (sadly the bottom one has migrated).

Right side -Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, "Paw" print piercing on the flat of my ear, Tragus, Nostril, Helix and Eyebrow. "Shen Men" piercing, Triple Forward Helix.

Retired - Right Eyebrow's x2.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast